1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Food Question Any Help

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by diego, Jul 7, 2005.

1. diego

diego New Member

I got a question for Everyone I had brought a cat about 2 days ago a a himalyan i wonder if i can give her soft food... but the owner told me not to give her soft food i dunno what to do should i try to give her soft food or no any advice???

2. nern

nern New Member

I would start with whatever the previous owner had been feeding at least until she adjusts to her new home. If you want to switch foods after that its best to do so gradually mixing new food in with old over about 2wks to avoid digestive upset.
    Is there a specific reason the owner recommended against soft food? If it was just a matter of personal preference I would go ahead and feed the soft food if thats what you want to feed. My cats get both dry and canned. Opinions on this seem to vary widely.

3. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

How old is your new kitty? My guess(shot in the dark) is the cat may have a reaction to wet food or some kind of digestive problem with wet?

Otherwise I see no reason not to give her soft food. I always mix my kitten's food with 50/50 wet and dry.

4. diego

diego New Member

Well to answer You nern the other owner told me that she will get sick if she eats small food but im kinda iffy about wht she had told me i dunno if she telling me the truth or just saying that to let me buy only dry food :?

And to answer you OnixRevolution my kitten is only 3 months old.

Another thing is i don;t trust the old owner is because i have a dog (they getting along) and my kitten is trying to eat his food (soft) that whay i have my doudts about givein her soft food. I think she had gotten a piece of my dogs food but nothing has happen but i dunno if i got her in time when she got there :?