1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Food Question!?!?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by StormyWinter, Jun 28, 2004.

1. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

I have a Black Moor Goldfish and here is the thing. He will not eat floating food, only sinking. I have looked everywhere for it the only place that carries it is Wal-Mart, and they are no longer carring it. I have tried and tried again with the floating and he will not eat it, I end up having to fish it out. Does anyone here have any suggestions as to what i can feed him?

2. Popeye

Popeye New Member

My wife has a black moor... she like the ugly lil things, I guess... :lol: but we feed it tetra-color or tetra-min flakes, they will make their way to the bottom when they either hit the filter flow or when they`ve floated for a minute or two. the moor then scavenges them off of the bottom. what kind of "floating food" are you using?

3. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

I've tried everyone i have found, from the flakes to crumbs. The only thing he seems to eat is the crumbs that sink. He is a picky "little" thing. I guess i'm going to try some more flakes and see if he will eat that. That god I bought all the food they had last time or he wouldn't have any now!

Sorry i say he but i really don't know, he seems to fit i guess LOL

4. Alen

Alen New Member

I KNOW HOW U FEEL!!!!!!!!!! When I first started up my tank I had two bolivian rams. Besides the fact that they were clueless as to how to get to the floating flake foods (silly little fish) when the flakes actually fell down to them they didn't even like it! I tried tons of different foods and it became very frustrating because they never liked any of it. When I was at the lfs looking for MORE food I ended up getting some cool looking tetras to put in the tank with them. The tetras had no problem getting the food, they eat it all up!!!! :lol: Anyway after a while my bolivian rams watched the tetras and actually learned how to get the flakes and for some reason the even enjoyed it too!!

Good luck with your picky fish! lol

5. swtnpink

swtnpink New Member

have you tried feeding them bloodworms? the kind they sell in the freezer at the LFS... like thaw it out and put it into a big syringe (the little needle thing but doesnt have a needle) and inject it into the water. Thats how my LFS feed it's goldfishes... so maybe that might be helpful to u

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I bought some floating pellets for my goldfish, but they ended up being too big for the fish to eat. So I took a pepper grinder and adjusted it to just break them into smaller chunks instead of a powder. I tried feeding those to the fish and they sank.

Or you could just keep offering the floating pellets and he should get hungry enough that he'll eat them from the surface.

-Chelle