1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

? for GinaH

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by True_Pits, Aug 22, 2004.

1. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

How did the show go for you? Did you enjoy yourself? How did the dogs like it?

2. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I unfortunately did not get to make the show because of my dad being Ill. Marie the lady who has been my mentor ended up taking Bluebelle along with her to the show and her husband was her handler. Bluebelle didn't place but I was told she did great for her first show. I was so looking forward to attending the show oh well I guess next time.

3. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I'm sorry to hear your father is ill. Sorry you missed the show to, but there will be more hopefully you will get an oportunity to attend one soon.

4. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Okay I have a difference ?, in reference to

I've seen that probably a couple other times, I'm not trying to be a smart azz or be one to ask a dumb question but what do people actually mean when a dog does great their first show. I've never really understood this as it doesnt make sense to me.

Last question What reason did the judges give for her not placing?

5. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Well, with Bluebelle she has been known to be a bit submissive and she has had lingering problems with showing her bite correctly. It has really been a challenge but she did it with no reserve at the show. But for some reason in the ring she was told to "hold" but she sat instead. So I guess that was a major boo boo. I assume Marie meant she behaved and performed well considering it was her first time in such an atmosphere.

6. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Thats cool, I gey ya now. Sometimes I hear that a dog did good for its first time, I can understand if they'd had a problem you've been working on and some troubles, that makes a lot of sense but some people don't really seem to have a comparison for it. Hopefully she will continue to do better as she shows more and I'm glad she did well. A friend of mine has a submissive dog, she lets her sister handle the dog when she can which really helps. The dog acts totally different. Does "hold" me stay/stand? I guess she didn't ask the judges why she didn't place? Thats one of the most important things (IMO), I was going to mention that but I realized it was the 19th and the show was over, after I had forgotten and thought your friend probably would have done it.