1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

forty five gallon compatabily(firemouths)

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tski22, Apr 8, 2005.

1. tski22

tski22 New Member

I have 2 firemouths and a large angel in a 45 gallon tank. If I were to add a blood red parrot would that be ok for the tank? I jsut feel like I need to add one more fish to the tank without it being another firemouth. Thanks -tl

2. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Angel fish are to fragile to go with BP, BP dont look mean but they have midas in them so they can develope a big attitude problem. Im suprise your firemouths arnt going after then angel fish to be honest.

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

true, but as for BP's....they cant really hold their own against a firemouth b/c the BP cant fully close its mouth, so it is unable to fightback.....all i can do is ram.

4. tski22

tski22 New Member

So just a basic question then, if I removed the angel fish. It would only hold 2 firemouths, could I go ahead and add the blood parrot? My firemouths arent really that aggresive I know its strange, the male is pretty terriotorial but the female is very timid. Would the blood parrot work then? Thnaks -tl

5. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I think the tank might be a bit crammed but ya It COULD work but i wouldnt really advise it. I wouldnt worry about the BP at all they can hold there own. I know a guy who keeps his with a big adult oscar and they have little fights every now and then but parrots are pretty tough. Fire mouths are all bark no bite IMO my friends have some and they flare a ton but ive never acually seen one go after anything.

6. Hooben

Hooben New Member

There are a few parrots that I have owned that really stand their ground. Many people say that they cant fully open their mouths, yet they really defend themselves well. They also are able to move gravel around the tank with their mouths, so who knows. If you do try it, make sure your LFS will take back the fishes when they don't get along.

7. tski22

tski22 New Member

Any ither cichlid suggestions then? other than BP's -tl