1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Freckles Ate Half a Tennis Ball

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Last night I wasn't paying attention but I should have known something was not normal as Freckles was not in my face dropping tennis balls in my lap. He was just calmly laying down and munching away on a tennis ball. When I got it from him only half was left. I hopefully assume the rest will pass through his system as this morning he ate breakfast and has shown no ill effects.
    I did note that when he was carrying that ball around it was making a squishing sound because he had broken it open at the seam. From now on I will have to confiscate all of the balls he breaks open.
    Ya know, Freckles is starting to make Duke look like a normal dog. The Lab is suppose to be the Billy Goat and eat everything, although Duke does still enjoy a good stick every now and then. :D
    Tonight is Freckle's fifth obedience class. Just hope he doesn't throw up that tennis ball in the middle of the class.

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LOL! Freckles and Nala would get along just fine...

3. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

LOL! Yeah, I'm amazed at what my girls will start chomping on too!!

4. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Years ago my Black Lab Jewel chewed up my daughter's favorite Barbie Doll. Needless to say there was a lesson to be learned about picking up your stuff.

But the kicker was, the next day when cleaning up dog doodie, there's this pile with a part of a leg and Barbie's cute little foot (minus the shoe)sticking up right in the middle of it. I was relieved and very amused at the same time.

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Nala "shaves" all the green stuff off her tennis balls and similar toys. She lately has been pulling the rubber off as well, which I think she learned from Bonnie. It's unfortunate that she is destroying these types of toys, since she can't have plush ones for the same reason.

I *really* need to find something else for her to chew on, but it's very difficult to find something affordable that's also not harmful and takes her more than 5 mintues to finish. :|

6. Angie

Angie New Member

Jamiya, I have the SAME problem! :(
    The ONLY thing I can give Shianne is a bone!

7. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

My mom had a little dog named "Skeeter" when I was younger, and he was notorious for chewing up tennis balls and swallowing the pieces any chance he got......and luckily, they passed through without any ill effects. Only thing was, Skeeter's poop's were sometimes quite colorful.......

8. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

LOL!!! Poo colorful!!!!

Luckily my dog doesn't chew on tennis balls....but the mars pups..... :shock:
    Theres tinnis ball fuzz everywhere!!!

9. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Sarge ate an entire green foam rubber ball the kids left out. I came downstairs to an entire family room of tiny green foam pellets everywhere. Including, incriminatingly, on his mouth. :?

10. Samsintentions

I can see his face now! "it wasn't me!!!" (with the foam stuck to his wiskars and nose!)

11. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

I love the commercial where the kid tears up the cookie box and scatters it around the dog then yells to his mom the the dog ate all the cookies again while he stuffs the cookies into his backpack. The look on the poor dogs face is priceless.

12. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I am just waiting for the day when I send one of the kids to school with a note that says, "The dog ate my homework."

13. Samsintentions

Classic!!!

I remember the day my dog DID eat my homework!!! I had to make a Vegitable head.....Needless to say......the dog ate it!!!! GOt on the counter while everyone was outside and got to muchin!

I had to explain to my teacher, but instead of using my dog, I just told her Mom accidentally cooked it for dinner!!!

I had a head of red cabbage with olive eyes, a Carrott for the nose and Peas for the mouth. IT was all glued on with Paminto cheese. He also had cucumber slices for ears and a deal of shredded lettuce for hair!

14. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

when my husband was a kid thier dog ate a box of crayons...needless to say... the poop was very colorful!! :mrgreen:

15. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

I caught Indy chewing on a piece of concrete one day?!? It was part of a concrete bird bath that had broken. He was just carrying it around and chewing on it. I took it away from him of course but my god. I thought I had taken everything out of the yard that he would chew on but he never ceases to amaze me.

16. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

oh dukesdad, that is my favvvvvvvorite commercial!! :D I agree, the look on the dog's face is priceless! I'm just glad the commercial ends there... without showing us him getting in trouble :cry:

17. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

I also have the same problem Jamiya. As little as Trixie is she still can't have stuffed animal squeaky toys because she kills them in one day. She pulls the green stuff off tennisballs and even bit through her rubber steak. Now she only gets the most durable toys in the store (rubber ones or ropes)

18. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Nala LOVES rope toys, but I worry about those as well. I know there was a Golden in rescue here that had surgery from ingesting a rope toy. It seems NOTHING is safe!! :?

Anything hard enough for her to not destroy, I worry about her breaking teeth. I guess we just do the best we can and hope for the best.

19. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Nala LOVES rope toys, but I worry about those as well. I know there was a Golden in rescue here that had surgery from ingesting a rope toy. It seems NOTHING is safe!! :?

Anything hard enough for her to not destroy, I worry about her breaking teeth. I guess we just do the best we can and hope for the best.

20. lil96

lil96 New Member

My old dog Sentry loved tennis balls, but even more raquetballs, she would have it in the back of her mouth and it would make this really specific sound, I don't even know how to describe it, everyone else hated it, although I found it relaxing bc I knew Sentry wasn't getting into any trouble! The racquetballs were usually harder to destroy, but maybe she chose not to destroy them,bc she liked the sound too. I think the funniest was funny she chewed through a golf ball and whn it was open enough all these little rubber bands started shooting off and snapping everywhere. Scared her pretty bad, not bad enough to stop chewing on golf balls though.