1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Freckles First Obedience Class

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

I was real proud of the Bug even though this first calss was mainly for the people that the dogs brought to class. He was frightened and nervous at first and kept that beautiful tail tucked securely under his belly. The trainer offered him a treat but he refused and she said that was a sign of nervousness.
    He did amaze me by sitting at my feet for the whole hour without any major fidgeting while the trainer talked.

Six other people brought their dogs to this class and six more will join us next week for the first real training session. There was a Boxer pup, a Mini Pin, two Border Collie mixes, a small fox looking dog, and another pup that I must post a photo next week and we will have a contest to identify the breed. I thought it was some rare exotic but I was wrong. Contest next week. You won't believe what you see.

The trainer then did a demonstration that we are to do at home this week to find out what is the best motivator for our dog, be it a type of treat or special toy. She placed several different toys and treats on the floor and had one person walk their dog pass the pile to see what attracted his attention. The first, the Boxer, ate every treat and ingored the toys. The Mini Pin, however, went straight for the tennis ball. When he pushed the tennis ball and started it rolling Freckles sat bolt upright and watched the ball. The trainer saw this reaction so she picked up the ball and walked over to Freckles. Before she could say "Do you wnat this ball" his butt hit the floor and he was riveted. She held the ball up near her face and told the class, "This is exactly what you need to accomplish first. Get you dog to focus his attention an you." She told me after class the Freckles had terrific concentration abilities.
    If I can get him to shift that focus to me instead of that ball I think he will do great in the weeks to come.
    Freckles got a gold star for his first class..[​IMG]

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Wonderful! Way to go, Freckles!

3. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Sounds good! It sounds like there are more small dogs in your class than we had in the class I took Rusty to. ALL of the other dogs were big, and rather boisterous as well. It didn't make it too easy for Rusty-- he spent most of the hour worried to death one of the other dogs was going to eat him!

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

:eek: Way to go freckles!!!! Keep up the good work!

5. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:eek: Yea Freckles! And great picture of him by the way. Beautiful.

6. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

awwwwww I'm so happy to hear what a good boy he was!! Way to go, Freckles!! I can't wait to see this 'interesting' dog you promised to post! :)

7. nern

nern New Member

Sounds great! I bet Freckles is going to do really well.