1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Freckle's Rocks

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Freckles led the entire obedience class last night in "Wait", "Sit/Stay", and "Heeling". The trainer selected Freckles to lead off for each exercise. During the heeling exercise we had to negotiate a slalom course while keeping slack in the lead. Freckle's did so well that I heard a young girl say as we passed, "Boy Freckles Rocks". At the end of class he earned a Frisbee by sitting and staying until I had walked a leash length away then on command he laid down.
    The most interesting thing was watching Freckles intently observe the other dogs and handlers as they would go through the exercises. He seemed to be studying the performances. The other dogs in class couldn't care less and were content to lay down and gaze about the store or tend to their dog hygene.
    When we got home Freckles teased Duke with his new frisbee and Duke chased him around for fifteen minutes before Freckles settled down and started to eat the frisbee. I confiscated it after he devoured half a rim. Guess that'll show up tomorrow with the rest of that tennis ball. Red and green. It''ll be sort of decorated Christmas poop.
    Five classes down, three to go.
    [​IMG]

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Wow! Good boy, Freckles! :eek:

How much are you working with him at home?

3. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Jamiya,
    Not enough for his apparent intelligence. Duke makes it difficult to work with Freckles as he wants to be in the middle. Of course Duke is instantly obeying all the commands and looking for a reward. Both become jealous if the other is getting attention. Thank goodness I have two hands to pat heads.
    I have to find a way to work with Freckles alone without Duke feeling left out. I'll have to set up a schedule where Dukesmom can spend time entertaining and distracting Duke while I work with Freckles. If I can get him to sit/stay until I release him, and come when I call then I will definitely advance Freckles to agility.

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

A lot of times I put Nala in a stay on one side of the room and then work with Bonnie. I go over and reward Nala every once in a while and tell her to stay again. I figure it's reinforcing her stay and helping with the proofing.

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I agree...... FRECKLES ROCKS!
    I'd be proud too!!

6. nern

nern New Member

Pretty impressive Freckles! :eek: