1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Freckle's Wins a Prize at school

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Last night at obedience class Freckles did great....when he wanted to. We practiced sit/stay and down. I forgot to bring his training treats with me so I splurged and purchased some "Real Liver" bits at the store. Of course Freckles turned up his nose at those $3.00 treats and wouldn't even try one. I ended up giving that bag away and went and purchased another bag of the biscuits he likes.
    Freckles would always start out obeying the commands but would get either bored or tired of the treats and soon his attention would wonder off.
    One exercise was to walk around the store aisles with the dog close to the row to keep him going straight. Freckles thought this a great opportunity to do a little shopping along the way and really got excited when I tried, unsuccessfully, to pass a bin of balls. My fault on selecting that aisle to walk down.
    At the end of class we had a competition to see who's dog would obey the "down" command first. The prize was a package of pig's ears which the trainer showed to each dog. Freckle's was not interested in those treats so while eventually obeying my command, he took his own good time doing so. The little Pom in class won that competition because he had only a few inches to go to lie down.
    Then came the sit competition. The prize, a brand new tennis ball. When the trainer held up that prize Freckle's focus could have burned a hole through the ball. First he won his preliminary round then went head to head with Rocky the Dobie in the finals. Freckle's was not to be denied that prize. After two false starts and one tie, Freckle's won.
    That was the end of class and as we left the store Freckles dribbled that ball all the way out, dropping it for a bounce or two then grabbing it again.
    This week we will work on that Sit/Stay command and we will have to practice a lot. He does OK at Sit/Stay/Then Lie Down When You Get Bored, but the trainer wants him to stay in the sit WITHOUT laying down.
    Thee classes down and five to go.

[​IMG]

2. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

:m12: Way to go Freckles!!!

3. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Awwww! Good Job Feckles! :eek:

4. nern

nern New Member

Way to go Freckles!! :eek:

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Yea Freckles :eek: :eek: :eek:

honeybear

6. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Way to go! Good luck at the next class!

7. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

:eek: Freckles!!! A brand new ball ANDDDDD a proud daddy? wow! impressive

Dukesdad, you do a great job storytelling...hehe! I loved this part:

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Congrats, Freckles! Let me know if you have any success holding a Stay without eventually lying down. Nala always lies down when she gets bored, but I let her since I don't really care. My sole purpose for "Stay" is for her to stay in one place. If she wants to stand on her head, it would work for me! :)