1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Free Vet Visit Worth it??

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by drab911, Aug 23, 2005.

1. drab911

drab911 New Member

Hello... along with my new parrotlet came one free vet visit which I have to take him in within the first week.... I was wondering if it is worth going to considering that I will have to grab him if he is not finger trained within the week and deal with the whole experience.. I either think this could help him as I hope throughout his life i will be able to take him to other houses sometimes... or it will tramatize him and affect the training processs>>?? What do you guys think... the bird is very healthy and from a good place.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I would take him along just to have vet check him over and make sure all is well with him.

If you think it will cause to much stress as only you know how your birds would react then i would not take him.

I would say though a vet visit would be good that way you know how he will react with the vet if he ever needs to go for an emeragncy

Mike

3. drab911

drab911 New Member

I agree that I should take him in just so he gets used to leaving the house while he is young... but if he is not hand trained by that time do you think I would be better using a towel to grab him rather then my hand so he does not become scared of it?? however he will let me rub his belly now so it wolndt be tough at all to grab him/// I just dont want to ruin all this progress I have made... thanks for any input!

4. drab911

drab911 New Member

Well I called the vet and the only opening they have within my time limit is tommroow morning... so Ill be takign him in tommorow... I just pray that this will not have an impact on training... id imagine it shoulnd though! :shock:

5. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

I don`t think it will tramatize him at all!!! :)