1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Freebie (my shi tzu) brought Mama a gift...

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by susan_cude@hotmail.com, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Hi all!

I’ts been awhile! I’m sorry about that but I’ve had some P.C. problems.

The other night I’m sitting on the couch watching TV and Freebie comes over holding what I thought was his stuffed toy dog in his mouth and wanting to play fetch. Well I wasn’t in the mood, so I patted him on the head and told him to go play. Usually he’s very good at minding me, but this time he wouldn’t give up. So I told him to drop it and when I reached out for it, I noticed it was a dead gopher! I about croaked!!!! I started freaking out, so he grabbed up the nasty thing and ran from me {And poor Casey ( my mini dachy) ran and hid under the coffee table, I’m sure they thought: Moms surely lost it this time} I was finally able to get it away from himAA, and let let me tell you, that was no small task! YUK! YUK! YUK!

How about you, any stories like this from your furbabies?

Susan

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

OOOh that was sweet shows how much animals do appreciate there owners disgusting but sweet.

Mitzy has brought me dead toads she even brought me a pigeon in one day and it was still alive then there is the leaves off the trees..

She brought nextdoors kitten in saturday morning luckily she wont hurt cats or i would have been in real trouble she even carried it back to the neighbour when i went round and they thought it was real sweet i told them she must have thought it was one of her puppies hehehehehehehehe

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

We had an experience with Nala and a dead cicada. At least it was already dead. And she didn't bring it to me - she just brought it inside to eat it in the comfort of her home. ICK!!

4. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I get snails.... foamy, nasty snails.... :) Gotta love that guy !!! lol

5. GinaH

GinaH New Member

The favorite around here is to dig up those nasty little moles that love to destroy my yard! So really IM not so sad about the killing and maiming and then the heartfelt deposits of pride (Dead Moles) at my feet...lol

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Ditto on the moles, Wylie loves to dig them up and Midas brought in a live mouse once, and yuck theo ther day I noticed there were feathers under my coffee table

honeybear

7. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Luckily smokey jsut likes to chase things... So usually the rabbits, coons and possums!!!
    But occasionally he'll catch something. and you know hes got something when he's not running around like a loon, but quietly sitting in his kennel with a grin on his face!

8. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Last spring I had the boys out swimming and exploring in and around the big lake. Duke dissapeared for a bit at the edge of the lake and when I called him he came running back grinning with something in his mouth. I told him to drop it and reluctantly he gave up his very special prize, a rotten fish head. Not really thinking I took a stick and threw it into the lake. Not a smart move with a Lab. Of course Duke hit the water with gusto and retreived that stinky thing so when he returned I had to put him back on his leash to get him away. You can't throw anything away from a Lab if he sees it go.
    As I led him off he kept looking back over his shoulder, I guess wondering why we were leaving such a marvelous discovery behind. :D

9. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

AwWW pooor Duky wookie!!!! He brought you a gift, thought you were playing with him and you made him leave it!!! What a traumatic experiance!!!!

kidding!!! That is funny though!!

10. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I dont get those wonderfull gifts but Fifi steals my scrunchies and so kindly returns them when I need one. Everyone is so amazed she does it on command.

Jill

11. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Almost forgot, Pheobe the new puppy likes to bring our guest underware from the bathroom. I guess she thinks they need another pair or she likes to show them the pretty colors, not sure yet.

12. MollysMom

MollysMom New Member

I had my new puppy for about 1 1/2 weeks when I was taking her for a little walk in the yard. The grass was pretty tall, and needed mowing.

Suddenly. she started rolling in the grass, and I thought "How cute! She likes rolling in the grass like our big dog!" After about 5 rolls, I looked in the grass and saw she was rolling on a way-past dead mole!!
    And it was stinky...and then so was she! Needless to say, that was the day of her first bath.
    Then yesterday I opened the front door to find another beyond dead one on the porch. Not sure which dog brought that gift to me.