1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Friend In Need Indeed

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Black_Cat, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Black_Cat

Black_Cat New Member

:eek: Happy New Year to everyone :eek:

One of my mates has just found out that her 12 year old dog has a brain tumor. She knows that he is too old for an operation and is trying to give him the best she can for last part of his journey.

Does anyone have any words of comfort I can give to her - I am truly lost for words as I know how difficult this is. I want to say something like: you have given him such a fantastic life and I'm sure he will be happy just to be with you when he passes - but I would like some feedback from everyone. What words comforted you most when you lost or were losing your pets???

Thanks so much.

2. Chezza

Chezza New Member

My thoughts are with your mate...Its such a sad time when you lose a pet of any kind..

Maybe you could buy a card with some thoughts in it..Like a thinking of you in a time of loss card, and also a flower or something and maybe a doggie treat for the dog, its always hard when you lose a pet....

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

there is a website....type rainbow bridge into google - that offers sentiments for pets and there is stuff not relating to pet loss.
    I had a friend whose dog was very ill and I copy/pasted a little poem onto a card and mailed it to her.

4. hermann muenster

hermann muenster New Member

I know what your friend is going through. We had a similar situation with our 13yr old beloved golden. He was too old for surgery.

There really isn't much more that you can say other than how sorry you are for her and her beloved pet.

The Rainbow Bridge poem and website is a good source for finding the right words.

I was fortunate to have a good support group of dog loving friends who just listened to me tell stories of our old guys better days. Who listened to my worries about him as he began to slip further and further away.

It was a blessing to have good friends around after we said good-by. There was an amazingly large amount of empty time in the days after. The empty days after were the hardest to endure.

Condolence cards were welcome -- but I think the most comfort came from the silent understanding from good friends and family. And, knowing that their prayers were with me and my family.

I will keep your friend in my prayers.

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

6. Black_Cat

Black_Cat New Member

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all of the people who replied to my post - you have been such a great help - I truly appreciate it.