1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

fun old pictures

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by someday, Dec 2, 2004.

1. someday

someday New Member

I thought it would be fun to post pictures of our favorite horses of our childhood...or of our riding past...

here's my first pony, who wasn't actually mine, but a wonderful old man down the road let me ride her everyday, so long as I kept her brushed (brushed?! heck that horse had more baths and new hairdos than any other 20 something year old horse has ever had!) Her name was Sugar...and she was just as sweet!

[​IMG]

here she was in her winter coat
    [​IMG]

here's my second horse rose, still not mine...but i showed her and took weekly lessons on her for years..I think i'm about 7 or 8 in this picture..

[​IMG]

ok everyone...let's see your old photos!!

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Here's a pic of my current old Arab Gelding Kkenny and my old welsh Pony Dusty whom I grew up with who got me through a divorce and who taught me how to sit a good buck! GREAT pony...he'd buck me off and stand there waiting for me to jump right back on...LOL... VERY carefull not to hurt anyone or even himself... GREAT boy and in fact Jack reminds me of him as if he came back in an Appy's body... Dusty was put down my first year of college at the age of 30 something...he was unable to keep weight on and would not have lived out the winter that year...VERY tough to do but he's buried on my mom's 40 acres. FOND memories to say the least.

[​IMG]

3. ChinookLover89

ChinookLover89 New Member

I hate this pic but it amuses me in a way

This is me when i was 9 on my QH mare at the time Zoolie getting ready to go out on the trails . I look like a boy lol its so bad.

[​IMG]

She had to been put down also she was around 11 in that pic and was my rodeo horse at the time (never had a better barral racer or pole bender) but when I turned 20 and she took a turn for the worse and just wasent getting around like she used too and had bad arthritus. I miss her but I've got plenty of pics to look back on good memories.

Also heres a drawing I did of Kurt around when i very first got him when I was 12.
    [​IMG]
    Heres a drawing of Phoenix i did when I very first got him too. He doesent look great but hey its fun.
    [​IMG]

4. ChinookLover89

ChinookLover89 New Member

I also have these.

This is on the same day when me and Zoolie went out on the trail. This is my adopted cousint Anthony on our Appy mare Milky Way.

[​IMG]

My older sister Amelia on her horse a Belgian/TB cross mare named Sugar

[​IMG]

My other adopted Cousint Richard on our Buckskin mare Lilly
    [​IMG]

This is my fathers horse Nicko who was some kinda of cross I don't remember with Lilly in the background.
    [​IMG]