1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Fund Raiser for Pitbull Spay/Neuter Fund!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by MyPetTherapyDog, Jan 14, 2005.

1. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Hi everyone.
    I am planning a fund raiser in the spring. The proceeds shall be used for a Spay/Neuter fund for our state's pitbulls.
    I am looking for different ideas.
    I saw The Animal Planet a few weeks back and liked an idea on the show. I am going to plan a "Wedding of Dogs"
    So far, this is what is what I am shooting for:

I will use my dog Ginger for the bride. I am still looking for a groom.
    I am going to plan a "bridal shower" for Ginger and invite guests (human) for a luncheon. I will make invitations to her shower asking for gifts that we can use for the shelter pitbulls i.e. frontline, bones, training treats, leashes, collars, etc.
    Then, I am going to plan and book the ceremony. I am going to book a Country Club (actually the same place that my human wedding was held at) and get a band to do a charity fund raiser. I will sell tickets for approx. $25.00 and the meals cost approx $13.50 a piece. All proceeds shall go to the spay/neuter fund.
    I am looking for any input (besides the fact that I have ADHD) LOL

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

that sounds cool, there was one here where cats painted pics and they sold them at a luncheon

3. someday

someday New Member

Sounds like a great idea..I saw the show on Animal Planet, it looked really sucessful!

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Thats great! I did a program here a while back. I made several big baskets full of stuff and auctioned them off. We brought in ALOT of money that way. I got donations, and with those items we made 5 baskets with HUGE wicker baskets. Then we attached photos of needy dogs to each basket, then we held a silent auction.