1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Furry Friends

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by GinaH, Apr 23, 2004.

1. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Ok so I know this is a dog forum but I just have to share take a look at these Sweeties! These babies are a little over 2 weeks old their mom was hit by a car and passed on and so the poor little babies were turned in to the shelter. So for a few weeks I am their new mommy. I started out with 7 and am down to 6 I lost one in the night last night. It was already fading when I got them all on monday. But the rest seem healthy I have been bottle feeding them every couple of hours and I introduced them to wet food this morning and boy was that a funny sight! they went nuts over it and were covered in it by the time they were done. then they spent the next half hour licking each other. They are so cute!
    Wish me luck! We are hoping to be able to adopt these babies out when they are old enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kathy74

Kathy74 New Member

Good luck to you and to them! What a wonderful thing you are doing for them. They are all gorgeous!! And I'm sorry for the one you lost. That must have been very sad for you.

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

how sweet. I fostered a family last fall that were 2 weeks old when I got them so these pictures bring back some moments :) at least my little foster family had their mom. So sad for these babies...but they are in good hands

4. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I love kitties. I am allergic now, otherwise i would have one.

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

aww how cute biy that is a handful - I remember when I nusred one newborn badk to health and the work! luckily my work let me bring her to work so I could the feedings

honeybear

6. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Too cute! Its a shame they lost their mother but at least they have you to help them through and take care of them. Keep up the good work!

7. nern

nern New Member

Best of luck...they are adorable!

8. GinaH

GinaH New Member

It has been a handful so far but they are almost 3 weeks old and seem to do ok on a little wet food so I figure in another week or so I will not have to bottle feed as often and I can begin to wean them.
    I work from home so it works out great. This is the 2nd time I have fostered kittens and for some reason they always seem to do better then puppies anytime I have fostered puppies that were still nursing it always has ended up with me losing a few.

9. Jody

Jody New Member

Omgosh, they are soooooooo cute. If i lived close by I would be adopting one for sure........They are so adorable. I think they will be in good hands with you. Good luck with it all, and I'm sorry to hear about the mummy :cry: :cry:

Jody

10. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

They are sweet. I like the ones with the orange tabby faces. If I got a cat it would be a multi colored one, tortoise shell, calico.

11. moose

moose New Member

gina: what cuties! i wish you the best of luck with them; i know how hard it can be -- especially when they're that young. luckily, they're getting to that age where they've made it so far along it's not quite so scary each time you go to check on them.

just wanted to suggest something that has worked pretty well for me in the past -- making a sort of "gruel" with KMR and canned kitten food. just blend it up in a food processor (or blender!) and stick that in their bottles.

let us know how things turn out with them!

12. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Thanks Moose I will try that. I am using the same milk replacer recipe that I have always used and it seems to work out great for them but that is a great idea for an additive to the wet food.

13. My hats off to you girl!!!! they are ADORABLE :D People like you make all the difference :y_the_best:

Best of luck! I bet you're having a ball!

Sincerely, Susan