1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Getting 2-15 Gallon Tanks!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Heather&Nicole, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

My question is what can i put in them?

I know ONE of them is mine and i am putting puffers in there. What decorations/substrate should i put in there for dwarf puffers?

The other tank will be for my girl and I know that she wants saltwater so what can she put in there? Could she have a clownfish and a couple anemone's?

:y_the_best:

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

A fifteen gallon saltwater can be quite tricky to maintain. She could go for a single clown and some inverts. Or maybe a goby and a damsel? Sorry, I'm not too good at the whole sw thing :lol:

I think puffers would like sand as a substrate. Also, you're going to need to feed them small snails every week or so to help keep their beak filed down.

3. Heather&Nicole

what snails could i put in there that wont multiply like crazy??

Thanks for the help on SW question..If anyone else knows SW let me know.

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i know turbo snails are full saltwater and they dont multiply like cray, so u could try a few of those out.

5. Heather&Nicole

yeah but dwarf pufers are brackish not saltwater. I'll take that part of the ? to tropical fish forums.

Thanks guys/girls :)

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Actually, dwarf puffers are freshwater (the only freshwater species if I'm not mistaken).

-Chelle

7. Heather&Nicole

hmm I thought they were brackish!

8. Obelix

Obelix New Member

The only saltwater Puffers I know of are way to massive for anything less then a 55 to 75 gallon, and I think t_chelle is right that their are freshwater dward puffers and tend to lean toward brackish as adults. (Sry im a bit late posting here)