1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Getting a canary... maybe

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Aqueous, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

My moms friend (she breeds canary's) is downsizing her flock and asked my mom if she wanted one of her canary's. My mom said she wouldn't but maybe I would.

I'm going over today to have a look (hopefully just a look :wink: ). I still have Kiwi's old cage. It's a Hagen Supreme Budgie & Canary cage (came as a starter kit). The specs are:

-- Width: 17.5" - 44.5 cm
    -- Depth: 15.125" - 38.5 cm
    -- Height: 19.25" - 49 cm
    -- Bar spacing: 1/4" (to my best judgement of size)

Just wondering if it'll be big enough if I decide to take one or if you think I should buy a different cage.

It's been so long since I had a canary. I had a really beautiful bright orange one when I was younger but that was about 8-10 years ago so right now I'm clueless...

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi aslong as there is enough space for the bird to safely fly from one perch to the other and spread its wings fully then its fine since its a budgie/canary cage this will be ideal they can usually house 2budgies or 4 small canaries..

Don't forget we need pics if you decide on getting one :)

Mike