1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Getting a New dog!!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by DogAndBigCatMomma, Mar 7, 2008.

1. DogAndBigCatMomma

DogAndBigCatMomma New Member

Just want to make it clear im not a hoarder. We live on acres and acres of property to run our big cat sanctuary. We also are not hurting for money and so we have the means to care for a large amount of animals. There is also aside from myself there is my husband, three kids, and 4 volunteers that are here on a daily basis so everyone gets tons of attention.

Anyways I got a call from the local dog rescue. They have a Pitbull/Australian Shepherd named Caine who was turned over a month ago to the rescue. His owners surrendered him because his is deaf and was running away and destroying their home. They had gotten him from a farmer who kept him chained up outside. And they felt bad for him and decided to take him in. Little did they know what a job a special needs dog is. They brought him to the rescue saying that he was a Catahoula though the farmer they got him from claimed to have found him on the side of the road as a puppy. So really they couldn't be sure.

He may be the newest member of the family!!!

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

That is really good of you to give this dog another chance. When do you find out if you will be his forever home?

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Hi, and welcome, I dont know what happened to the dog board, everyone disappeared, and ithas been difficult logging on. That is so nice of you to take in a deaf dog, are you going to try and teach hand signals?

What part of Oregon are you in? I live about an hour south the Oregon border

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Honeybears. Yes, were did everyone go? As for loggin in it should be okay now that we are with the new server. Great idea about the hand signals. :y_the_best:

5. DogAndBigCatMomma

Cain will be here tomarow :). And about the sign language. My friend at the rescue has already been slowly introducing signs to him. And since we're no strangers here to deaf dogs we will continue on with his training. My son Jude is claiming Cain as his and so he will be doing most of the training. I will post pics as soon as I get them.

Oh and we are getting four new arrivals of the wild animal kind at the end of the week but I will start a new topic for that!!!

6. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

That makes so much sense to use hand signals.... I use them with Buster and he isn't deaf. I used them alot in the beginning when I was training him and every once in a while I'll use them without saying anything and he still remembers them.. good boy :eek: what a great idea and best of luck with Cain..... Everyone needs a second chance....

7. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

That's great that he is already being taught some signs. That will make things so much better for all of you. :y_the_best:

8. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Thats wonderful of you to give him a second chance..Great to hear about this sort of stuff
    Excellent.. :eek:

9. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

dogandbigcatmomma, how is Cain doing? adjusting well? Got any pics yet?

10. DogAndBigCatMomma

Cain is doing great he is adjusting really well. I will post some pics tonight. I have just been so busy with the Wolf cubs. But pics are coming of everyone.

11. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Glad to hear that Cain is doing well and the same for the wolf cubs too!! :lol: Can't wait to see pictures of all of them. Nice to see some posts from you again, but that's ok we know you are busy with all of your fur animals to take care of!! My hats off to you! that takes alot of heart and time. :y_the_best: coudos

12. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Glad he is doing well. Looking forward to seeing pics. :D

13. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Yes please post pics!! I have a good friend with wolfdogs and they are awsome.

14. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I agree..... :eek: can't wait to see those wolf cub pics...... :mrgreen: What magnificant creatures!