1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ginger, the stray

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by vene, Sep 18, 2004.

1. vene

vene New Member

I was able to sneak a picture of Ginger (?gender) which I've been feeding for almost 1 year. It's too bad hubby won't let me capture it. Ginger could be someone's outdoor kitty he says. :roll:

[​IMG][/img]

2. Bente

Bente New Member

Oh, she looks really cute! :eek:

And hungry... "Hey Vene. What do you got for me today?" :lol:

3. karen_80

karen_80 New Member

What a beautiful baby, Vene. Are you sure you can't just cook hubby all of his most favorite foods in the world and then catch her (him)?
    I *adore* orange kitties. And those green eyes!!....<happy sigh>

4. vene

vene New Member

Let's see, Ginger had Wellness dry mixed with Solid Gold dry, and a can of Pro Plan chicken and liver.

Bribery does not work on this guy. Yesterday he said he'd feed the cats but neglected to feed Ginger. When I asked him why he said he doesn't care about outside cats. :( Once I called the feral catch and release rescue people and when they called back hubby was mad and told them I was asleep when I wasn't. So I just let it slip. I'm not happy just feeding Ginger. I want to take her in so bad. I love him/her! :m10: :qm4: But it's not to be. So I'll just watch him/her through the glass doors. *Sigh* Maybe one day he'll/she'll let me pet him/her and then I'll sneak him/her in the house. :m35:

5. nern

nern New Member

Awe vene, that is a really pretty cat. I'm so glad that you are at least able to feed him/her. Too bad your hubby won't cave in.
    Have you tried crying?
    :wink:

6. Ashimmerystar

Ashimmerystar New Member

Hmm...I guess I wont tread the waters of the "hubby" not sounding very compassionate. :-({|=

I feel bad for ouotside, homeless kitties, I really worry about them, that they would be alright. I am happy to know that my boyfriend would beat me to the cat if it needed rescuing. :kiss_heart: Which I suppose why we have been together since I was 19, for 5 years.

:m27:

7. vene

vene New Member

LOL's Nern. Crying does work but only when I cry for real and it's extremely rare. I don't know how to fake cries. And if I did, he'd know the difference. :roll:
    I thought Ginger belonged to a local florist, but upon further inspection, Ginger is a stray, small, maybe 5-6 lbs., buddies with Monty. They are always staring at each other through the screen/window for hours. :qm3: I wonder how this cat manages to stay warm in cold or wet conditions. :0011:

8. vene

vene New Member

It's Ok Ashimmerystar. My hubby is very compassionate when it comes to charity for people or animals, but just not with this orange marble kitty. He once told me to leave the cat alone. It's happier outside. He did say he'd give in if the cat is friendly. Unfortunately, this kitty is only friendly to Monty, not people. :( Oh yeah, I just remembered he was bitten in the hand by a moo-cow cat that was purring and rubbing him in our backyard and he almost passed out at work from a nasty infection it caused. That's why he's now holding a grudge against any backyard strays. Duh. How quickly my memories fade! 8-[

9. Ashimmerystar

Ashimmerystar New Member

Thats good to know...there is always another side to every situation. I was trying to put it as nice as possible...but I usually dont do very well at being that.

:0008:

10. karen_80

karen_80 New Member

Well, I guess it was worth a try! Hubby had a bad experience and I guess we can't down him for that. It does my heart good to know that that beautiful little thing is getting lots of good food to eat from you! (I'm partial to orange kittycats). :)

Vene, for the winter/rain, could you get one of those styrofoam coolers, cut a small hole in the front, glue the bottom on and flip it upside down for an outside shelter? Gail did that for Trooper and it got him through a lot of winters. She put some foam and then a blanket in it and put it under her front patio for him. You could turn it toward something to keep the wind out, but so Ginger could get in and out. It's the cheapest 'shelter' we could think to make - it's just got to be weighed down or wedged so that it doesn't blow over.

11. vene

vene New Member

That's a great idea Karen_80. Now I have to find a place to hide the box so hubby won't complain. I'll think of something before the winter strikes!

12. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

what a great idea karen! but vene doesnt have our kinda winters... which is good.. coz such a shelter would disappear :shock: :mrgreen: remember the storm last year? lol that was CRAAAAZY! *loved it*

anyways... *snuggles vene* dont worry too much over Ginger... i'm sure s/he knows what they are doin :) and i dont blame your hub. i'd be warry too.

know that at least u are feeding Ginger and begin his/her gaurdian angel :) :y_the_best:

13. vene

vene New Member

There's a moo cow cat with short curly fur that frequents the yard and munches on the chow as well. Should I make 2 crated homes for them? I'll sneak a pic if she allow me to. Heck, hubby is probably right again. It's just a neighbor's cat taking advantage of the free food. :0011:

14. luna

luna New Member

maybe you two could make a deal. if you ask around and put posters up and nobody replies maybe then he'd let you take in the cat.

:m27: :qm2:

15. vene

vene New Member

That's a great idea Luna except hubby won't budge. He agreed to take in the strays only if they will allow us to pet them on demand. :roll:

16. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

That is a very cute cat, vene. My one cat (now in kitty heaven) had an orange kitten that had the sweetest tempermant. Someone told me that they've heard that about orange kitties.

Good luck with Ginger and your hubby! :)

17. vene

vene New Member

Thank you! :love_y_t_much:

18. luna

luna New Member

well that stinks.

:0021:

19. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

can you trap him? then hide him upstairs in a room where hubby never goes??? im worried about the little guy with winter coming. :cry:

20. vene

vene New Member

There's no such thing! lol's I'm thinking of getting him/her a crate for the winter.