1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Girls weighed at their vet visit last night...

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by PooGirl13, Jul 2, 2004.

1. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

... and they each weigh a whopping 3.8 lbs!!!! :mrgreen: Molly was 2.9 at last weigh in on June 7th and Emma was 2.8...

I forgot to ask the vet last night what a normal weight gain is... anyone remember how quickly their pups gained weight and when they finally hit a plateau?

It will be different for all pups, I know.. I'm just curious :D

As a side note, they go for their Rabies shot in 2 weeks and then 2 weeks after that their last vaccination! After that we can finally take them to be groomed! :lol:

2. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Your babies are growing up!!!

I don't exactly remember how quickly they gained weight, and how much per month, but I know Mickey & Tigger hit a plateau at about 10 months old. (They're still the same weight now as they were at approx. 10 months.)

:eek: Yay...that'll be nice!!! Were you able to find a groomer that you are happy with?

Give 'em lots of love from me!!! :D

3. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I know MyBaby, they grow up too fast!! Well, there is a grooming place in the same building as our vet's office (actually, the grooming place rents the space from the vet) and we are going to try them first :D

Oh... the girls stool sample came back... they have roundworms. OMG! They are on a deworming pill, but I am all grossed out.. won't elaborate, but I sure could do w/o this part of puppy ownership! :0024: Doesn't bother Molly & Emma one bit.. mommy & daddy have issues with it though! Ew.

4. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Tell me about it!!! :cry:

That's great...I thought I remembered you telling me about them! :y_the_best:

Ewwww is right!!! :0024: It definitley isn't pleasant, but it should go away pretty soon with the deworming pills, that's the good news!

Well, thanks for the update, and I'm glad they are happy, healthy, and thriving in their wonderful new home with you two!!! :D

5. dbuzzw

dbuzzw New Member

Weights

Hi PooGirl,

I checked Baxter & Graysie's weight chart (yes, I am a total dog dork. My husband tells me all the time). Our experience was a little different than most others - neither reached their full weight until just short of their 1st birthday. At 8 months, Baxter weighed 10.6 and he's now right around 13. Graysie went from 9.4 at 8 months to her current 10.8. Incidentally, at 4 months (Molly & Emma's age now??) they were 6.2 and 5.2, respectively.

And don't worry, those worms will be wiped out quickly.

Diane

6. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

omg, mommy! :( I don't blame you on the worm thingie.. (and bless you for keeping details to yourself! hehe)... Did your vet request the stool sample for a reason, or just something he/she does ? I ask cuz Bailey's vet never asked for one until now. Bailey's annual visit is on Wednesday, so I'll take one then.....

As far as weight.... I don't remember specifics but I do remember that he was about 10 lbs at his neutering (which was at 6 months), and then didn't go back to the vet until I had to take him for his "hot spot." He was just barely under 13 lbs then, which was about 10 months old. He hasn't grown much at all since then, so that was definitely when he plateau'd. I'll know more after Wednesday as to how much he weighs.....

I think Bailey has weighed a little more than your girls tho.... :)

7. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

I know you asked Christine, but I just had to say: My vet has always required (okay, that's sounds a little harsh, so, requested) that samples be brought in for testing...it's always fun runnin' around to get them and to make sure you know just which dog it came out of!!! LOL :lol:

:D

8. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

dbuzzw ~ I guess I'm a dog dork too then!!! I always bring in the girls charts and have the vet fill them out each visit! Even though the weight is tracked in their records with the vet, I track it on my own too!

Molly & Emma will be 14 weeks tomorrow :D

Ugh, the wormie thing is TOTALLY not pleasant, but the meds are doing their job & we officially started the girls on Sentinel last night :eek:

Monster ~ Yeah, our vet seems to like to check the stools periodically. Especially since they are little and we are going in often for their shots, she likes to make sure all is well. Some vets may not ask for stool samples unless you think something is wrong w/your pup; others request them more frequently :D

9. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

well better safe than sorry, huh? and in this case, it really was a good thing! :) I'm glad that things are getting better for the girls... :eek: bless their little hearts!

10. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

:eek: :eek: They are tooo cute.

As for weigh, I don't have the same breed but I can tell you that my boys didn't grow fast really. Max was 3.5lbs @ 3 1/2 months and 5 at 6 months and then eight at 8 and now he is ten and has been for about 8 months. Now my Rosco (peanut boy) he was a whopping 1.5 lbs when we got him and he was 3 months old, when he went for his neuter April 27th he weighed 4 lbs, I don't think he gained anymore, if he did maybe a pound so I think maybe 8-10 months they platoe for my breed anyways, hope this helps. :wink:

They grow fast though :cry: at least my peanut boy seems to be, his fur is getting so thick now I have to show before and after look at the difference in just 4 months (OMG) :cry: make him stop.... :wink:

here he is when we got him around the end or march
    fluff ball :p
    [​IMG]

here he is last week (3 months OMG)
    [​IMG]