1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

giving a cat a bath........

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by pomlover, Aug 1, 2005.

1. pomlover

pomlover New Member

I had to give my cat a bath today and I can't believe how well it actually went. For some reason, she was on the counter and knocked off my fry Daddy onto the floor. I don't know how she managed to push it clear forward, knocked the lid off and end up inside of it, but she did it. LOL. I did have to laugh at her though. Then she had to drag her wet, filthy body on top of the recliner. UGH!! There is a trail like what a snail leaves on the pavement when they slime along. I had to clean up my cat, my floor, keep my dogs out of it and then clean my chair. What a day. Then my daughter had the nerve to complain the she wanted to take a bath and I told her she would have to wait until after Harley and she said she didn't want to take one after her because there would be oil in the tub. Pre-teens are going to get me after all. Worse then the cat I think. :? Anyway, thought you all might like to have a laugh at my day. I can finally sit back and laugh now that it is all over with and cleaned up. (and yes, my tub is cleaned and my daughter is now in the tub......and happy!)

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Congratulations on succesfully giving a cat a bath (no wounds right?)

sorry....something Ive only ever accomplished when a cats been either sedated first or I end up looking like I just lost a battle!!!! :shock:

3. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

Congratulations! I know that many people never end up successfully bathing their kitty! You're one of the few!

I actually give Sherbert a bath maybe once a month... I have a big deep laundry sink and I just plop him in and hold him down, as long as I don't turn the faucet on he's okay, I always have to dump pitchers or water on him or he'll cry at me: "meoowoow ooww"

4. vene

vene New Member

5. pomlover

pomlover New Member

I am still actually pretty proud of my baby for taking her bath so well. All she did was grab at the side of the tub once when I held her up to take her out. She kind of growled at me to let me know that she didn't like what was going on, but I think she knew that it was for her own good and she would feel better and smell better when she was done. No one got any injuries what so ever through out the whole ordeal. She is still kind of skiddish when I take her back by the tub again, but she starts up her motor like to tell me thanks for taking all that yucky stuff off of her. :D