1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

going camping, need advice on feeding newts

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by fishy_chick, Jul 24, 2004.

1. fishy_chick

fishy_chick New Member

Hi everyone. I'm going camping next weekend (august 1-4) and I'm concerned about leaving my newts. I've got 2 adult firebelly newts, 1 juvenile (about an inch long, quite small still) and 6 babies (still have gills.) I feed them frozen blood worms every night, but I'll be gone for 2 nights. I know they won't die from not being fed for one night, but I'm not sure about 2. Also, I've seen my adults try to eat the juvenile several time, and I've had to get my hands in there to split them up. This happens when I feed the juvenile before the adults and they get jealous and instead of just taking his food from him, they put him in their mouth and shake him around. I'm not concerned about the babies, they find their own food and always hide from the adults. I'm worried that if my newts are not fed every night, they will get hungry and eat my juvenile. I don't know anyone who can come and feed them for me (and I dont trust anyone to do that anyway). Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you for any suggestions.

2. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

I would put a bunch of worms in a corner and let them eat at their discresion. The worst that coudl happen is they eat them all fast and that will just hold them over until you get back.