1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

good article about a rescue transport program

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, Jul 23, 2005.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I just read about this in LHJ, about a co called Rescue Waggin, and how they transport dogs from overcrowded shelters to shelters across the country in need of dogs and actually have waiting lists (can you believe that) I heard it was being done with dogs from out of the country which bothered me since we too many to count here in the states that need homes.

It was about a shelter in a southern state where their euthnansia was 56%, they blamed it on no spay/neuter laws and beng in a hunting area, where dogs that didnt live up to their potential would be let loose to fend for themselves. Since they have partnered with Wagin tails, that rate dropped to 9%. The article was about a beagle that would have most likely been put down, since they were overloaded with them, shel was tranported to a shelter in Wisconsin, and she found a foreever home.

http://www.petsmart.com/charities/progr ... ggin.shtml

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

That's cool! I have heard that New England shelters are not very full. We don't seem to have that problem in the Midwest.