1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Good bunny gone Bad?

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by darkrabbit213, Jul 19, 2005.

1. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

Alright, I got my baby mini-lop Pixy about a month ago and I was told that she was about 5 weeks old then, she was always very good and she actually never chewed on anything. She had a free roam of the house except at bedtime when she would go back into her cage for the night. She had a certain spot in my apartment where she liked to go to the bathroom on the floor so I put a litter box there and she used to use it diligently...

Now all of a sudden things have changed completely, she is going to the bathroom all over the place and I'm finding that she is also managing to chew holes in everything she gets her paws on. Belts, shirts, pants, shoes, papers, boxes, bags, wood and even the floor! She never even used to give these things a second thought.

Also, she always used to go crazy about having to go into her cage, and now she is very calm about it.

Can someone explain what has happened to my rabbit?

2. Mockingcat

Mockingcat New Member

Welcome to teenage bunny syndrome. :) Rabbits who aren't spayed/neutered can get very moody and territorial (marking everywhere) if left as such. :)

3. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

Teenage syndrome? Oh dear. Just the sound of it is terrible. I didn't even think puberty was a possibility. Thank you!

4. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

how long does this last for?

5. Mockingcat

Mockingcat New Member

Each bunny is different... some return to "normal", later. Others will remain "grumpy" due to hormones. Spaying will most definitely help with the problem, and it'll prevent your bun from getting uterine cancer. (Approximately 80% of female bunnies over the age of 5 will end up with uterine cancer.) :)