1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Good Dog, Bad Dog, Obedience School Lesson

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

One of the basic things dogs are taught in obedience school is to not go out or in an open outside door without permission. Duke has been to school, Freckles has not.
    It has been raining off and on all week here in Houston. This morning Dukesmom let the boys out after their breakfast as it was not raining at the time.
    Not much later a very wet and muddy Freckles came bounding into the bedroom where we were getting ready for work. He had managed to body slam the back door open. Since Duke was not with him I went to see what happened and there was the big sweetie patiently sitting in the rain, in front of a wide open door, waiting for permission to enter. Needless to say he got an extra treat this morning while I was drying him off.
    Freckles will be going to school soon.

2. AWH!!!!! a pat from me, what a good boy!

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I'm sorry, I know its not funny, but I'm cracking up!!!! :mrgreen:
    Poor Freckles, and Duke! waht a good boy!

4. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Just ONE extra treat? Come on dad, give him another one for that! Tell Duke I said "Good dogs do finish first"!

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Wow! I have yet to have a dog obey something without me there to enforce it. *sigh*

Jamiya

6. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Sam,
    Oh it was very funny but I had to stiffle my laugh so it woudn't encourage Freckles. So many times when I holler at Freckles for doing something bad Duke will take it as though it was meant for him. I am constantly telling Duke what a good boy he is in those situations. If I tell Freckles to sit, Duke will automatically sit wherever he is, even in another room, while Freckles just gives me a blank look like Huh?

7. honeybears

honeybears New Member

:D :D :D sounds like it is time for freckles school.

honeybear

8. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Yeah!! WTG Duke! Can I borrow Duke for a bit maybe he could remind my dogs what they learned in school? :lol:

9. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Poor Duke! But at least he listens!!!! Mine test my authority. They look at me like I'm stupid, then once they see I'm serious, they comply.

10. Rene

Rene New Member

What a great dog. i wish mine would just not speed out the front door everytime we open it we have been working on haveing people comming over and the yorkies sit and stay then they get a treat sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

11. nern

nern New Member

That is pretty impressive! I guess that could really come in handy when the dogs get all muddy outside. LOL.