1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goo's trip to the park (many pics)

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by goob, Feb 20, 2005.

1. goob

goob New Member

We had a really nice day last week, so me, Goo, a friend, and her kid got a ride down to the park to wander around a bit. Trying to post the pics in order as they were taken, but my memory fails me :roll: Some of them are just to show damage still existing from the hurricane the fall before last.

"C'mon, do we have to do this!? I got better things to do!"
    [​IMG]

Part of pier washed out by the storm
    [​IMG]

"Hurry up you slowpokes! There's so much to see!"
    [​IMG]

First thing I noticed as we approached the beach trail, this tree's roots were probably as tall as me
    [​IMG]

More trees
    [​IMG]

"You want me to WHAT!?!? I'm not sitting on the edge of this thing!"
    [​IMG]

This was roped off last year, but I guess they've changed it since then
    [​IMG]

Hard to tell in pics, but it's a pretty steep hill about 20 ft high
    [​IMG]

"I see how it is.... I don't see you sitting on the cliff getting pictures taken...."
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nother couple pics of the shoreline
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"You think this is cute? Take a few more steps forward :evilbat: "
    [​IMG]

Next thing we passed was this old building, I think it was the powerplant for the amusement park that was there in the early 1900s

"WOAH! Imagine the critters a dog could find in there!"
    [​IMG]

It was posted as not for visitors (dunno why, maybe has some structural damage from the storm as well, otherwise we might have been tempted :oops: )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"You sure I can't take just one little sniff?"
    [​IMG]

After that, we decided we'd better get moving out of the trails, because our ride would be there before long. We weren't sure where the trail we were on led, so we stayed on it, hoping we'd be back to road faster that way than by backtracking.

"They've gotta be kidding... silly humans, give em charge of the leash, and they get us lost"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since the park is a marshland, there are a lot of swampy areas, ponds,etc

Pond
    [​IMG]

Field
    [​IMG]

Different field
    [​IMG]

Still more field
    [​IMG]

"Heeeeyyyyyy... wonder what's down here...."
    [​IMG]

"Should've known you'd ruin it for me with that stupid clicky box"
    [​IMG]

"Wouldn't mind a nice flock of ducks over there.... now that'd be fun"
    [​IMG]

Posing with the baby (cropped out, kids make the scariest faces :lol: ) in the path
    [​IMG]

"Yeah, yeah, see one pond, seen em all"
    [​IMG]

Evidence of leaf sniffing
    [​IMG]

While we were waiting for our ride
    "Lemme see, first you cut my nature visit short, then you let this scary little kid hang on me.... oh yeah, you're in for it when we get home... just wait and see"
    [​IMG]

2. someday

someday New Member

great pics goob! Looks like you had a great time!

3. keceip1

keceip1 New Member

those are good pics. I want to take my dog somewhere good like that. He would go crazy.

4. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Great pics - and I just love your narration. LOL. Looks like Goo had lots of fun.

5. goob

goob New Member

It was fun, and both the dog and kid were nice and wore out when we got home :lol: The best thing about that park is that they have a strict on-leash policy, and will boot people out for not having their dogs leashed, so it's not common to run into loose dogs. Wish more places were like that.

6. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

Goo has this kind of stoic look, or like he takes being a dog Very Seriously! LOL, Great Pics!