1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

got water from an established tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by worldofmoz, May 10, 2004.

1. worldofmoz

worldofmoz New Member

its me again is there anything for me to do or do I just wait. My water is still cloudy and I didnt find the bio-spira. I was able to get some water from an established tank. ammonia is still 8.0. Still doing the 25% water changes daily. have two angel fish. Fish look o.k. :roll:

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

The water itself doesn't contain much bacteria. What you need is either some gravel or, even better, filter media from an established tank. If you still have fish in the tank I recommend doing 25% water changes every 3 hours or so to try to get that ammonia down. Otherwise it will permanently damage their gills and/or kill them.

-Chelle

3. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Not to sound like a complete skeptic (sp?) but im kinda surprised that your fish are even alive at such thur the roof ammonia levels much less looking okey, but i wouldnt be surprised if they've already got bad and permanent gill damage, after i had a similiar crisis the goldfish that were subjectected to it were still extremely sensative and died very shortly after even after getting the ammonia down.

4. worldofmoz

worldofmoz New Member

Well thats not good to hear that fish will prob die cus i really love them if only i knew before that the water had to be cycled they didnt let me know at the pet shop

5. DogmaMa

DogmaMa New Member

the pet store wil rarelly just hand out advice, and often when they do its erroneous, trust me...get a couple of good, modern aquarium books-and learn them.

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Or even better, just do some research on the internet. Once books are printed, they don't change, but the info on the net is constantly being updated.

-Chelle