1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

gouramis killing my plants!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Jul 19, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

My gourami's are ripping my plants apart and i was wondering if anyone had an idea of how to stop them from doing that. please help.

2. needlefish

needlefish New Member

here isnt anything u can do. in the wild gourmais eat plants so pet gurmais eat plants. there is a certain plant that fish do not eat...

3. OneWolvesDream

what plant is that and how safe is it for the fish?

4. Obelix

Obelix New Member

they have stuff at petsmart that you spray on the plant and its supposed to create a scent that keeps them from eating it for a month or so.

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

java fern

6. OneWolvesDream

I got plant balbs for my aquarium and i think i got those plants. I hope they actually grow.

7. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

not quite sure, perhaps you might want to put some plastic plants instead.
    Best of luck.

8. riv

riv New Member

Try a bit of spinich tied to a rock in the tank they should eat that instead of your plants, works on my green sevrums.

9. OneWolvesDream

hmmm, not a bad idea, im going to try that one, the reason why i want the real plants is because of how good they are with the oxygen and carbon dioxide thing. i have an airator and all but the plants also have a nice look.

10. OneWolvesDream

Well im trying the idea for putting the vegies on the rock, though is it safe to use rubber bands?

11. OneWolvesDream

nvm about the last post Obilex (Jameson) told me not to. thanks to all for the help!