1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

gravel question any help

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by funfish, Nov 21, 2005.

1. funfish

funfish New Member

i have a natral colour gravel in my tank and it seems to wash the colour out of my fish and make them look dull! i've read that a dark gravel helps to show off fish colour is this right? and can i use a smooth slate from the garden centre? :?
    thanks
    Amana

2. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Slate is okay, as long as you rinse it well. I have seen some black sand substrate really bring out the colors in fish, not really make them actually have more color. Colors can be increased by the lights in the aquarium. Sunlight is perfect, aquarium lights only try to duplicate this.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I would just like to add that dark substrate will really eat up the light and make the tank look darker.

-Chelle