1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Gravel Question?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Heather&Nicole, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

What is the smoothest style gravel that i can get so that bottom feeders like cory cats dont hurt their barbs? Sand sounds a lil difficult for me since im a newbie to big tanks.

What are your reccomendations?

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

There is a black gravel out there called Black Beauty gravel. It is a very fine grade. Or I have some Eco-Complete in my tanks that's for plants that my cories have no trouble sifting through. An added benefit to the eco-complete too is that it claims to basically cycle a tank instantly. Don't know how truthful it is, but hey... wanna be a guinea pig? It says that by adding all the liquid it comes packed in it establishes the aquarium.... So who knows?

I got mine on a special order from the lfs for $25 per 20lb bag. Kinda pricey, but my plants are well worth it!

3. Heather&Nicole

thanks i'll research that a lil more :)

4. Heather&Nicole

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

Yep, that's the one. They also make an African cichlid eco-complete that's supposed to have all the minerals and whatnot needed for africans all in the gravel too.

6. Heather&Nicole

7. tina1

tina1 New Member

Wow...

I've been looking for Tahitian Moon Sand all over... I can't believe that site! I've never been there and they are still so cheap on shipping! I tried to get my eco online and it would've cost me over $80 per bag because of the shipping!

Sorry, I'm still in shock. But yes, I think Petsmart carries the Eco-Complete. Not sure though because we don't have a Petsmart/Petco in my area. Call and ask

And THANK YOU for that link!!!! When I set up my 75 gallon that's what I'm gonna have!

8. Heather&Nicole

Yeah its beautiful. Its between this stuff and the eco stuff in my book right now :)

My main concentration is gettin the tank ;-)

GLAD I COULD HELP!