1. Grow your baby fish like a PRO

    Microworms, great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. They are easy to culture and will considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Microworms! [ Click here to order ]

Green Specs On My Tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by pauldredge, Jan 24, 2005.

  1. pauldredge

    pauldredge New Member

    ive got some lil green specs on part of my glass on my tank, i looks like alge i think, how can i get rid of this, i have got a plec and cat fish but its still there. ive also got some green on my stones that has appeared in the past few days, i would of thought that the cat fish would of got rid of this? is it because im feeding them to much do u think so they wont eat the alge?
     
  2. M_wm

    M_wm New Member

    I have this algae to. Its from to much light. Plecos wont eat it you need to scrap it off with a razor blade, algae scrapper or like me a magnetic algae scrapper
     
  3. grnlemonade

    grnlemonade New Member

    its from a mixture of too much light and too much excess food/nutrients......do you have an algae scraper or and algae pad? if so, all u have to do is rub it on the alage and it will come off easily.
     
  4. pauldredge

    pauldredge New Member

    no i dont have it, cud i use an old tooth brush do you think or my hand?
     
  5. grnlemonade

    grnlemonade New Member

    toothbrush sounds like it could.....even your hand could, but when u start getting more algae dont use your hand....it makes your hand all gooey and just smears the algae.
     
  6. pauldredge

    pauldredge New Member

    ok then cheers. is there any way i can stop this from happening?
     
  7. grnlemonade

    grnlemonade New Member

    besides buying chemicals from the LFS you can keep the tnaklights on for between 8-10 hours a day, and make sure you dont overfeed the fish....also, regualr water changes work.
     
  8. pauldredge

    pauldredge New Member

    ok cheers for the help people.
     
  9. tski22

    tski22 New Member

    you can buy a small magnetic one for only a few dollars and i think IMO that they really work well. also the water changes/less frequent feeding will help. -tl
     
  10. Ellie

    Ellie New Member

    I get the alge off my scrubbing with an old tooth brush or cloth with warm water!

    Good Luck! :)
     
  11. Fish Addict

    Fish Addict New Member

    you can use a razor to just make sure you don't cut your self
     

Share This Page