1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

GREEN WATER PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by christianwalker, Jun 6, 2004.

1. christianwalker

christianwalker New Member

How do I get rid of the green water in my pool and my small pond I have 1,500 gallon pool with fish and also a small pond with feeder fish in it please help I need to find out how to get rid of the green water in the pool and also the pond

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

well for the pool if there are no fish in it just put purox in it

3. christianwalker

well the pool has fish in it and I lost my tinfoil barb today it died how do I get rid of the green water please help

4. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi christianwalker, The green water is algae forming in the pond. Just like in your aquarium, keeping the nitrates and nitrites down will help keep it from forming. Also you can add live plants into the pond to help. The live plants will use the nutrients in the water that the algae must have to grow. These are your best resources without getting into chemical treatments.

5. christianwalker

ok I have put 1 water hycen plant in the 1,500 gallon pool it is a floating plant how many of them should I put in the pool to help control algee let me know what other kinds of plants would be good because I have pacus in a auqa leisure swiming pool thats 1,500 gallons

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I have about 12 water hyacinths in my 750 gallon pond. So I'd say go with at least that many for your pool.

-Chelle

7. christianwalker

ok so I will go to my LFS and get some more of the water hyacinths and put them in there how long will they live because I put 1 in the pool yesterday and along with the algae fix and the water is not as dark green now but it is got some green in it. now light green but it looks better

8. tina1

tina1 New Member

Just out of curiosity, are you still shopping at the lfs that sold you all those fish? Personally, I would never spend another dime there....

And also, I've always heard that it's not really a good idea to use algae controlling chemicals with plants as it tends to kill the plants as well as the algae. You might want to look into this.

9. christianwalker

thats the only place I can get my plants from because everywhere else I go they dont got them

10. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Water Hyacinths are very prolific. Each one you put in your pond will probably start off at least 4 juvenile plants by the end of summer. They are also very hardy. They will die back during the winter (at least they did here in Texas), but leave them in there and you will find most of them made it through the winter. Another plant that you can just float is Parrots Feather. Parrots Feather is a very good oxygen producer. You have to be careful with the Parrots Feather or it will take over your pond. It will take root in any potted plants you have in the pond, and take them over.

11. christianwalker

ok thank you

12. christianwalker

what can I use to keep my water in the fish pool from turning into green water and keeo it clean and how would I keep my dumb crack head neighbours from throwing dog poop over our fence and into our pool please help let me know what to do

13. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i would be calling the cops if someone was throwing poop at my pool or mabe set up a video cam to catch them in the act then call the cops and give it to them

14. Popeye

Popeye New Member

throw it back! :y_the_best: with some algae!

15. Obelix

Obelix New Member

:eek: I agree with Popeye, but seriously good luck.

16. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i wouldn't throw it back cause then they can call the cops on you

17. christianwalker

ok can I put like a tarp over from the roof to the fence to close off from them looking over and also throwing dog poop in my pool and yard would that work or not because I have pond plants in the pool also please help

18. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I think it would work. It might block some of the light for the plants, but that's better than geting all that crap thrown in your pool.

-Chelle

19. christianwalker

well the neighbours killed my fish and admited to it and laughed about it but the cops wont do anything to them I am mad

20. swtnpink

swtnpink New Member

OMG how did they kill your fish?! and i'm sorry on your lost, my greatest sympathies to you :-(