1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

grey bump PLZZ HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, May 23, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

my mickey mouse platy has a grey bump on her head. and i cant get a pic. can someone please tell me a way to get rid of it?

2. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Sorry that nobody answered your question yet. I have been reading a lot of the threads today and I think I read that you were using Melafix and your fish is getting better, is that you? If so keep it up. Once in a while a couple of my fish have had a spot on their heads from injuring themselves somehow and have healed up nicely. :)

3. OneWolvesDream

thanks. though im not sure she will survive she dsnt really go anywhere then the one courner by the coral and im worried about her

4. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Now that you have been watching her are their any other symptoms that are visible? Is she eating, swimming and interacting with the other fish the same way?

5. OneWolvesDream

sadly her health has decreased along with many of my platys showing no signes of sickness only my female has a bump~ :cry:

6. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

How big is the tank and how much melafix is in it. What are the specific #'s on your Ammonia, Nitrite's, PH, and GH?

7. OneWolvesDream

3 neon tetras
    2 painted tetras
    2 placos
    2 red wagtail platy
    1 Freshwater Angelfish
    2 mickey mouse platys
    3 tuxedo platys
    24 gallon fishtank
    ammonia: 0
    ph: 7.0

i dnt have any other testers

8. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Well, the tank certainly dosen't sound too stocked, and the water tests you do have sond good. Strange. Is it a spot or a bump or a dip? It's a good idea to watch your nitrites I think but the gh isn't always as crutial as long as it is constant. Did you do a full dosage of the melafix with would be around 2&1/2 tsp for a 24 g tank. Do you have any aquarium salt or NON iodized salt? You may want to try is as well. I think if you put a couple of rd tbsp in with the melafix it wouldn't be a bad idea.

9. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi OneWolfsDream, You really shouldn't put coral in a freshwater tank. First it will raise the PH in the tank. Also freshwater fish are not accustomed to coral and the very sharp edges on coral. They will seriously injure themselves on the coral.

10. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Good point.

Are you doing anything (adding chemicals) to keep your pH at 7.0?

-Chelle

11. OneWolvesDream

1. the coral went through special stages with cleaning them for the fish tank,
    2. no i dont gave the stuff to keep my ph perfect it is just that way
    3. the fish usually dont go by the coral they are mid dwelers. they dont really like the bottom area. only the plecos do because they like the hiding places.

12. OneWolvesDream

i looked at my fish today and suddanly the bump was gone! a bump that lasted over a week just dissapeared. and it wasnt just somthing on the fish

13. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

It's nice to hear a happy ending!!! :eek: