1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

guinea pigs...Do they both need their own igloo?

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by aliveinarizona, May 13, 2005.

1. aliveinarizona

aliveinarizona New Member

Hello,
    We recently bought two cavies and are just loving them! They were both sharing an igloo. I noticed that one of them is always in the igloo and the other is outside. They used to both be in there, no problems. Should I get a second igloo for the one who is staying outside? Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    La Rae

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

If they are male and female and the female has become pregnant they usually kick the male out of there igloo.
    My stepdaughters guinea pig did this we got what we thought was 2 males as they are more lovable and friendly than the females, But guess what within 3weeks there was 2 baby guinea pigs in with them i nearly died when i saw them run.

You could try putting in another one see how that goes but i would not worry to much aslong as they are warm.
    Mike

3. Fuz

Fuz New Member

no you do not need two igloos for your guinea pigs if you want to get another one you can but you dont NEED two if the one is never letting the other in to the igloo than that just means its the dominant one and that it doesnt want to share its "bed"

4. goldfish_lover

goldfish_lover New Member

yeah my piggys do that too...its just the piggys preference...you could also put a small box like an orange box, that way they could chew on the boz and theyd both have a home...but you dont need another one