1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Guppies I need help! please please!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by colorful fishy lover, Jan 21, 2006.

1. How much should i feed my adult guppies? how many times i dont wanna starve them but i dont wanna over feed them. also is there a way to tell if a guppy is pregant what do i do if she is i dont want her or the others shes with to eat the little ones :) i need some help thanks

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

hello colorful fishy lover

how many guppies do you have ?

and you can tell if the guppy is pregent if it has a black spot (gravid) on its tummy

and you should put feed only what they can eat in 2-3 mins scoop the rest out twice daily

3. nick_no_11

nick_no_11 New Member

thats the same way with feeder guppys isnt it??

4. Cleo1668

Cleo1668 New Member

If your guppy is pregnant you should put her in a breeding cage. They sell ones that you put in your tank. They have a V-Slot that goes in the cage. The adult guppy stays on top of the V-slot and when she gives birth the fry fall down through the slot to the bottom of the cage. That way she isn't able to get to them.

Here's a picture of one:
    http://www.pets-warehouse.com/vpasp/sho ... earch=yes#

5. Thank you guys so much i have 2 guppies however they are mixed with a bottom feeder and 2 other fish that the petstore said would be ok together. Do you know if there is a high chance of my mamma guppy getting pregant with just one male? Thank you again for helping me out the pet store wasn't that great for helping me. :y_the_best:

6. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

if you have 1 male and 1 female the female is going to very stressed

7. Cleo1668

Cleo1668 New Member

Sorry, I don't know much about guppies but I agree with Fish Addict. You should get another female or two for your tank and maybe get one more male. Just make sure the males are out-numbered by females.
    I only knew about the breeder cage because I've seen them in stores.

8. cherylmason323

cherylmason323 New Member

twice as many female guppies as males

I had three male guppies and the biggest one of the three would always pick on the littler ones until I got about six females and they've calmed down a lot. ^____^ Hope this helps! I'm a newbie but I'm picking up fishy facts very quickly!

9. Hai

Hai New Member

dear colorful fishy lover,
    1) Feed them in the morning and in the evening. Feed them until they lose interest to the last pellet you throw it.
    2) You keep watching whether a female is pregnant because you want to separate them to a spawning tank. If you put some aquatic plants in the tank for the fries to hide then you do not have to keep watching the pregnant female. A few fries will be eaten by their mom right after delivery but that is part of the guppy's nature. Interrupt it and the nature law will get messy.