1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Guppy Almost Ready To Give Birth, What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Kirk, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Kirk

Kirk New Member

I know I need to isolate her but should i put her in a two and a half gallon tank without a filter? This would be the only way I could isolate her. If I do not do this I am afraid the fry will be sucked up by my filter. Any suggestions?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I wouldn't put her in a tank w/o a filter. I've never had a problem with filters sucking up fry, but if you're worried, you can put some pantyhose or a prefilter on the intake.

-Chelle

3. Kirk

Kirk New Member

Sounds good to me, thanks a lot.

4. Kirk

Kirk New Member

Yeah so I put the panty house on the intake. I am not exactly sure what I should do with the fry when they are born. I know how to feed them but i am wondering if i should leave them in the tank with their parents or place them in their own aquarium. I dont own any other aquariums with filters. Any suggestions?

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

with guppies, put the fry in their own tank....if not, the parents will eat all the fry that they can find.

6. Kirk

Kirk New Member

Do you think the fry will be ok in a tank without a filter?

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

No. They need a filter.

-Chelle

8. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Even an air powered filter will be okay, aka sponger filters. Great for fry tanks.