1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Guppy in Breeder Net!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Obelix, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Hey my breeder net finially got here and my guppy mother is gonna give birth any hour now! Im really happy this time around I can save my fry, i saw on it on here somewere and i THINK tina posted it but whats the longest you can keep the mother guppy in the breeder net? Its a nice sized net... it proby tanks up half a gallon on its own and im very satisfied with it and its a nice alternatinte then moving here to a differnt tank to give birth.

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

the longest to keep the mother in the breeding net is until she has her fry. after she has her fry, she will try to devour all of them.

3. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

I think you take out the female guppy immediately if you seen her trying to harrass her babies or try to eat them..

4. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I ment more along the lines of how long if im incorrect about the time until she has her fry, thanks for the comments so far!

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

Try not to keep her in there too long. Its very stressing on them and I've heard of people's guppies having little guppy miscarriages and stillborn fry from the stress. I'd say leave her in max 2 days but no longer. Also, in the confined area she is more likely to harass her fry so maybe just keep a close eye on them once she has them.

:eek: Congrats :eek:

6. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

id keep her in for a couple hours at max, i kept my mum in there for about 4 hours, and left food in there too and she ate none of the fry.

the mum will be exaucted from the birth so if you can, put her in a space of herown so she can reccuperate..