1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Guppy information please!-breeding tips ect.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Kirk, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Kirk

Kirk New Member

I just added four guppies to an empty ten gallon I have. I bought two males (I wanted one male and three females but they made a mistake and I got a male for the price of a female) and two females. I am wondering how I will be able to tell when the females are pregnant and If I have enough room available for many young. I am going to get one of those fry net things soon. I thought I would start breeding guppies before I tried anything else.

2. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Many guppy moms will freak out in one of those little fry net thingies, so watch out. It's better to privide a bunch of plastic plants for the little ones to hide in. You will see one of the females really big one of these days, then all of a sudden...she will be skinny again. If you look under and around the plants, you can round up the little ones and place them in the fry net. Just keep an eye on the female if you do place her in the net.

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

the females will get really puffed up and at the later stages of prgnancy, you can sometimes see the fry inside of her stomach