1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hagen Elite Sting Ray

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tyler_medeiros, Dec 29, 2005.

1. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

Does anybody have experience with these types of filters.
    http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-Elite_Sting ... s_by_Hagen
    I was planning on using the elite 15 on my 10 gallon aquairum but im not sure if it is really worth it.
    I was thinking of just spending the extra 5 bucks and get the AC20.

2. Hooben

Hooben New Member

That looks like a cool filter, haven't had the chance to try one out. If you buy, let us know how it performs...
    Hagen is a good company.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I don't have any experience with that filter, but just based on the info on that page, an AC20 has a slight advantage with more gph (ac = 100gph, stingray = 80gph).

-Chelle

4. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

I just got back from the LFS and i bought a penguin bio-wheel 125. It was on sale for $14 cnd and the AC20 was $22 so i bought the penguin. It seems to be a very good brand so i hope it does the job.
    Thanks
    Tyler and Amanda

5. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi Tyler, Probably your best choice. I haven't seen those filters before but from the description of the foam filter in the tail they don't look like they would be able to handle much of a bioload at all.