1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hamster

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by xbadevilx, Apr 23, 2004.

1. xbadevilx

xbadevilx New Member

:roll: I had a hamster. it was nice. as soon as i got it, it let me pick it up and play with it. then my little brother let it loose outside. i couldn't find it. i got a new hamster. it is evil. i have had it for a few weeks and i have been offering it treats and trying to touch it. it wont let me. dooes it just ned more time? what can i do to tame it?

Thanks

2. RTBShark(II)

RTBShark(II) New Member

Taming a hamster is easy (if it is still young). The more time you spend with it, the more likely it will be to trust u. Offer yr hamster some fresh food from your hand. It will want to eat the food and so will get used to your hand. Then the nxt step is to let yr hamster sniff your hand by holding it out flatfor yr hamser to sniff. When it is used to yr smell u can pick it up. Always make sure it is fully awake. Let it sniff yr hand b4 u lift it. When yr hamster is used to bein piked up, it will walk across yr hans. Put one hand in front of the other and yr hamster will carry on walking. Here is a handling chart for new hamsters who r visious!!!!:
    1. Watch yr hamster but do not disturb.
    2. Handfeed and talk to yr hamster.
    3. Let yr hamster smell yr hand with no food.
    4. Pick up yr hamster.
    5. Hopefully (with patiencve) u can now play with yr hamster!!! :mrgreen:

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

what breed of hamster is it?? because many hamster breeds tend to be hostile at first. i used to have a dwarf hamster that loved to bite everyone but me!

just slowly introduce the hamster to feeding by hand and if it bites you just ignore the bite dong give a reaction to it because than the hamster will just go back to where you started :( i would post the ways of taiming but you got that in the post b4. hope this helps!
    good luck!
    luv lauren

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Yeah, I agree! Some times it just takes time. Good luck!