1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Has any one every work at a pet store?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Has any one every work at a pet store? I was just wondering cause I was thinking about getting a job at a pet store.

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i have been wanting to, but the one place which is probably one of the best in michigan that wanted me 2 join is like a 15 minute drive, n my parents dont wanna take me down n pick me up everyday....o yea, im 16 and dont have drivers liscense yet.

3. M_wm

M_wm New Member

My friend is 15 and hes worked in 2 of my lfs and hes loves doing it except his new one only pays $6.00 an hour

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

That is illegal though minimum wage is $7.00 something.

5. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

i work at an aquarium shop. AquaLife. Iv been there for a few months.

6. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Thirteen years running two different pet shops and working one wholesale tropical fish supply.

7. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I've always wanted to but right when I was going to apply my old job said they wanted me back.

In Canada it's $7 something... in the US I believe it's around $5.15

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I don't think that with the higher american dollar value that it will even out, or not? It seems kind of low.

9. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

for UK, £5.30 is min wage for 18yr olds. i get payed by the day, not the hr. so i get the same amount on a 6hr shift as i wd an 8hr shift!

10. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Do you guys get a fair discount on the fish and equipment and stuff like that? or no?