1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

HAS ANYONE EVER DREAMT OF THEIR CATS??

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by lynnhaz, Jan 22, 2005.

1. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

i had a dream last night...right before i woke up this morning....about maxie....

in the dream, their was a bag of food. several different types that i was trying with max. i decided to give the bags of food to this girl who had walked up. when i walked over to her...max was sitting by her (it was outside and he was sitting on a vehicle). when i walked up, max was crying (like a small childs cry) waa waa, waa waa...saying "mommy doesnt spend enough time with me!!!" :shock: :roll:

the other funny thing, is that he had a "lion's cut" and his little neck was sooooo very tiny. it was only about 1-2 inches around...lols. i remember thinking..."gee his neck is tiny, how can it hold his little head up??"

:0017: :m39: :p

2. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I have dreamed about my cats. The last one I had was about a week ago.

I dreamt that some family had to come and live with us and I had to go to work full time. When I got home from work my husband said that he gave Socks away since she was not happy with all the changes at home. He said he gave her to an orphanage and it upset me since I knew how shy she was and wondered why he would send her there. I woke up suddenly a little upset and was missing her and then realized it was a dream. Phew!

3. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

ohhhhh...that would be totally upsetting!!! awww, thats sad! an orphanage. when max was crying...it was heartbreaking. he was like a little child crying and crying....cute too, though!

4. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I know what you mean, lynnhaz. It is amazing how upsetting dreams can be. Sometimes there is a lot of emotions involved. I can see that it would be heartbreaking to see your Maxie crying for attention. Kitties are like our children.

5. vene

vene New Member

Years ago I dreamt about my cats Pooky and Pumpkin. A bad guy were after us. We ended up in a dead end right by a fence. I threw Pumpkin over the fence but the guy got Pooky and threw him hard on the ground. I felt tremendous guilt that I could not save him and realized he was dead. I woke up screaming. 2 weeks later Pooky was diagnosed with end-stage renal failure and we had to put him to sleep. Hubby blames me for the bad dream saying it was my fault and that I should have saved him. :( :m13:

6. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Wow. That's weird. But, if anything, it may have been you sensing something. There's more to life and living than I think any of us realize. We get so connected with our cats that there is a bond that is beyond this physical world. (I would never say you caused it!)

I have had many dreams about a dog my husband and I had to give away a year ago. I can't say I remember dreams about my cats (at least not off the top of my head).

But, the dog one is always an emotional one. It's been over a year and I'm still coping with it. So, I guess my dreams are trying to sort it out for me.

7. nern

nern New Member

I dream of my furbabies and other animals alot too....can't always remember my dreams that well though. LOL.

8. lilsisterz62

lilsisterz62 New Member

Yipes!!!
    I didn't have dreams about my little kitty bunkins until I got Mickey...but I think that's just because he's always getting into something.

Once I dreamed that Mickey jumped on the headboard of my bed and then
    dumped a cup of water on me!!!!!....then I woke up...soaking wet!! :shock:

...'cause it was real..he did dump water on me...guess it was his way of
    letting me know it was time to let him and Mo go outside???? :m27: :m8:

Wish he'd thought that through a little more. :roll:

Now, new rule - no water glasses allowed near the bed. [-X

9. Bente

Bente New Member

I had a nightmare a couple of months ago:
    I was sitting in our living room and it was very dark. All our funiture was gone, except for our armchair, wich my boyfriend was sitting in. I could sense something extremly evil outside and I tried to tell my bf, but he was too busy reading a news paper that he didn't notice me.
    (You know that feeling in dreams where you are desperate for help but everybody just ignores you..?)
    Then I noticed an orange cat sitting in the window frame (?) and an orange/white cat sitting on the outside of the window. You have to forgive me for this vene, but I somehow knew that the orange/white cat's name was Monty :oops: :oops: :oops: Then the cat on the inside jumped down and ran too the front door, wanting me to let it out. But I knew that "Monty" was the evil I had sensed, and that the orange cat was it's helper just trying to get me to open the door (so that "Monty" could come inside)...
    Then Kyrre came out from the kitchen, and I got so releaved because I knew he could help me. He was a feline super hero, lol :mrgreen:
    But it was a really scary dream, and I woke up covered in sweat. Too bad I woke up before I got to see Kyrre in action :mrgreen:

(I really don't think Monty is evil, just so you know :oops: )

10. vene

vene New Member

Lol's Bente. I'm so glad Kyrre came to the rescue! He's your little kitty knight in shining armor. :m10: :m32: That "Monty" in your dream must be my Monty's evil twin "De-Monty." :0023: Did you know that the Japanese believe that cats are good luck? That why they have those feng shui kitties in Chinese restaurants. Here's some pics:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35740&item=6148020751&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4003&item=3953710589&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=5551713497&rd=1

Lucky cat legend:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19269&item=5552428609&rd=1

BTW, I am not endorsing anyone buying these products from ebay. I just frequent ebay. I get instant info from there sometimes. :mrgreen:

11. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

okay bente...im gonna track a couple of things down...and vene can verify. im totally freaked out right now...your story.

plus the other day, when you posted on my topic....on chris i think...you posted at 11:11. vene!!! tell her!!! tell her!!! vene?? remember the story i told you about otis? and the devil?? the devil being in otis in my dream?? did i post that?? on the other forum? bente!!! i had the exact kind of dream. but i killed otis....but it was really the devil inside him. so...i didnt really kill otis. the devil was hiding inside of him.

this is toooo freaky...

(bente...11:11 is the number that comes up for me every day...sometimes multiple times in a day....you posted at that time....now your dream is just like mine. okay...freaky...)

12. vene

vene New Member

Yes Lynn, you are creeping me out. I do remember your Otis dream and you repeatedly mentioning 11:11. The Otis dream was a PM so you would have to retell your story but I found the 11:11 from the Do you believe thread started by Sams in the General Forum:

13. Bente

Bente New Member

Wow, that's really freaky :shock: :shock: I wouldn't know what to do if that number-thing happened to me...
    But that evil-cat dream I had was really special, like it was taken from a horror movie. I could just sense the evil streaming (?) trough the window, and it was all ment for me :? I also got this very strong feeling of deja vu, like I had dreamt or experienced it before. Care to share the Otis dream Lynn??

14. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

here is your other post...

that post was done on the topic "over here...another bengal question."

hee hee.

the dream about otis...

i had a dream that i was in the kitchen of my house, and i saw otis on the counter. when i looked at him...it wasnt him, and then i was soo scared. i KNEW that it was the devil. the evil was so strong. and i knew it was trying to kill me. i knew the devil had possessed otis's body. and i knew i had to kill it...so i grabbed him, and i (and i know it sounds awful) broke his neck and killed him. but i wasnt really killing otis. i was getting the devil out of his body, and killing the devil.

otis is an orange tabby....

and bente. check out the time of your last post on this topic. i would imagine that somewhere, the clock said 11:11 instead of 11:10. that is just auspet time. 11:11 on 1/22. 22 is 11+11.

15. Bente

Bente New Member

wow............... what is this...? :shock: Maybe I've just had too many lemonade drinks, but I think this is really creepy! My times are not the same as yours (I have GTM + 1 hour) but anyway, this IS creepy! And I checked my computer time, and it is about one minute ahead of auspet times... That makes my 11:10 post actually more like 11:11... And what you said about your dream: "the evil was so strong" I totally recognize that from my dream! wow... :?

16. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

I had a really creepy dream before about my cats..

I was in the woods and I was looking atound for a way to get home.But it all seemed endless.Then I came upon a black cat that seemed like my cat Blakie.So I decided to follow it. It led me to a grave yard and then it fell it front of me and died! :shock: Then my kitten Kumal appeared looking real evil like she had gotten rabies or something. :? There was spit with blood leaking from her mouth and she was all skin and bones. :shock: I thought of trying to chock her but I coudent I loved her so much that I let her kill me.

17. bionca

bionca New Member

18. fridaylove

fridaylove New Member

WOW....creepy stuff!!!

When I read your first post, I knew exactly how I was going to reply lynn, but now I am not so sure.

I'll put what I was going to post anyway....if you are a Gestaltist...then you are each of the characters in your dreams (including your cat) and you are playing out different things that are in your subconscious (if I remember correctly).
    So what are the things in your life that you are trying out for yourself and where are you feeling that someone isn't spending enough time with you.

Now about this 11/11 stuff and 1:11 that's creepy....

19. vene

vene New Member

I just remembered an interesting recurrent dream with Pumpkin. Pumpkin becomes a real lioness in different settings and she gets ready to pounce on me and eat me. Then I wake up with no fear whatsoever. LOL's. :mrgreen:

20. horse_child

horse_child New Member

I dreamt about one of my cats, Blueyes (he died on Valentine's Day a year ago) Anyways my mom gave my sister and I suitcases and she said whatever you don't put them down, and don't be scared if there are men with guns trying to get the from oyu. A flash to night...i left my suitcase on the floor and the men with the guns were about to grab it, i jumped on it and drug it up onto my bed and the men with the guns stood in my doorway watching me. i went into my sister's room to make sure she was ok and i saw that she was sleeping with her suitcase so i go back into my room and open the suitcase and in it is my cat, blueyes and he crawled out of the suitcase and onto me and snuggled up with me and the men with the guns tried to get him away and when they almost had him i woke up.