1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone flown with their "toy" dog?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by RileyPuppers, Nov 4, 2004.

1. RileyPuppers

RileyPuppers New Member

I currently live between France and Washington and recently bought a puppy. We decided on a Toy Australian Shepherd, because my boyfriend wanted a big dog and I wanted a toy dog. So now we have a puppy that should stay small but look like a big dog. His estimated adult weight is between 10 and 15 lbs and between 11 and 13 inches.

My question is whether anyone has flown with their toy dogs in the cabin of the plane and what size they were at the time. I bought a toy dog so he could always fly in cabin with me and want to make sure he won't be too big when he is full grown. Any info would be appreciated. I have already flown with him once (at 8 weeks) from Washington to France with no problems, but he was still a little 3lb fluff ball then. He is now 16 weeks and 6lbs.

Thanks

2. RileyPuppers

RileyPuppers New Member

I am pretty familiar with most the airline rules....I believe most allow dogs in the cabin that are up to 10-18lbs. I can't imagine Riley weighing over 15 lbs, so technically he will be allowed to fly on some airlines....but I am worried about his comfort for such a long flight, especially since he will be around 12 in., which is on the larger side for a toy...and I was interested in other peoples experiences....what soft sided carrier they may have used....any suggestions for flying.....

3. misdavis

misdavis New Member

FLYING WITH PETS IN CABIN

I have flown quite often with my pomeranian. I use the samsonite soft luggage, most of the flights are international and the airlines are really good about letting you take the dog out of it's home if you keep it in your lap. American carriers (American, Delta, Continential, United are the WORSE) to fly domestic on with pets. The flight attendants are all old and mean.

4. lil96

lil96 New Member

i have flown back and forth from Germany to USA with my dog. Most places I have flown with say under 5 lbs for international in cabin. Your dog has fit in and under the seat hard kennel. I have never seen it where they allow people to take their animals out. I have had my cat ride in cabin, because they allow the cats to in a smaller crate, but even my standard cat carrier was to big to fit under the seat, whcih was a huge ordeal and they pretty much told me I would have to leave my cat behind (I didn't of course) If you have any questions feel free to pm me!

5. Sunshinne83

Sunshinne83 New Member

I have never personally flown with my dog before but my parents have. They own a bouvier. They are now suing the airline because they almost killed my parents dog at three different airports. I would advise anyone thinking about flying with their dog not to do it. The horror story I could tell you.

Whenever you fly with your dog you are taking a serious risk. More people need to be aware of that.