1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

has my dog been poisened?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by cherrybomboh, Oct 19, 2004.

1. cherrybomboh

cherrybomboh New Member

i have a 4 year old sheltie. he suddenly started throwing up. all day long-clear fluid, shaking, dealthly ill , couldn't drink or eat for a couple of days. i've had him all his life-he's been sick before, but never like this! i think one of my neighbors may have poisened him! anybody out there ever had this experience?

2. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Please..don't wait for someone here to reply...get him to a vet!! :cry:
    Have you taken him already?? He's been like this for a couple of days? A veterinarian is the only person that could diagnose this and determine what the cause of his illness is. If you suspect it were your neighbors poisoning your dog it could be fatal. I don't want to scare you, but always vet first, then other questions later!

If you already took him (?) your vet should have prescribed medication to make him better or kept him overnight, and they should have told you what was wrong with him.

3. casper

casper New Member

Why would you even wait a full day?? I hope you've brought him to the vet already

4. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Just read this thread........ any update? I hope that you've been to the vet by now and your Sheltie is feeling better.

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Lord, I hope he's ok. Is he doing well now?

6. Pekemom

Pekemom New Member

Good Grief!! PLEASE update us!!

7. Toykeeper

Toykeeper New Member

Goodness! How is he doing? Just a thought, do you have a pool? Our collie drank from our pool (don't know why he did, never had before) right after we had put chemicals in it to shock treat it. He was also throwing up (clear - the water I think) and not eating, being lathargic, shaking, ect. I called my vet and he asked if I recently treated my pool...told me to give him lots of fresh water and watch him carefully...and to bring him in if anything changes. He actually was fine after about three days - it finally all passed through him. Unless your neighbors are the mean-spirited kind, I would probably look into other things he may have swallowed or eaten without your knowledge. Just a thought. I hope he is doing ok...please keep us updated!

8. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

oh my..it's 2 days later, I hope your pup is all well by now, please do tell us what is going on! We only wish the best for you and your dog.