1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

have a question on goldfishes

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by lil shant, Jun 29, 2005.

1. lil shant

lil shant New Member

hey i was wondering if goldfishes have a chemical on their skin nd why cant they housed with tropical fish

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

No they don't have any chemicals. They do have a slime coat, but most fish have that. And the reason they shouldn't be housed with tropicals is because they are cold water fish and require a much lower temperature (70* - 75* vs 78* - 80* for tropicals).

-Chelle

3. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Speaking of Goldfish, I saw a commerical the other day and it said that Goldfish have a 3 second memory. I find that interesting, anyone know any facts?

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Mythbusters (on The Discovery Channel) disproved that. Plus if my goldfish only had 3 second memories, they wouldn't get excited expecting food when I walked out to the pond.

-Chelle

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

haha, i watched that one......that one guy didnt know how to care for his fish very well :lol: