1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

heater

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Jul 25, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Everyone says how you need a heater and all but here in Fl its the last thing you want. I always have my tank between 80-81 degrees so its at the right tem without the heater...though do i still need to use one?

2. fishaddict

fishaddict New Member

All the heater does is heat (I know that sounds sarcastic), but unless you have temperature variations outside of the temps you want or you have your AC, etc keeping your home less than that temp, you will do fine without. Some people say it is good to have in case the temp does change, but that is up to you whether you want to "insure" against temperature variations where you live.

3. OneWolvesDream

Yup, its that temp all year round im the aqwuarium, i never really have to be careful of suddan water temp changes, i have one and iv never really used it, its only cold here once a week every year and even trough that my temp stays the same :? i kno it soulnds odd but true, and i know its reading the temp right so i have no clue, i cant really have my light on because of that raising the temp.

thanks for the help!

4. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I've had the same problem even though im farther up north, most heater have theromstats (SP?) so they only work when they need to so I keep mine in the tank all thetime.

5. OneWolvesDream

I cant keep mine in the tank i have to keep it in a well protected box, last time i used it, someone turned it on till it got to hot in there.

6. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

im in the uk, and were known for lack of sun. and my guppy tank has no heater and is 77-80 degrees. My fry tank has the heater to keep them snug