1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Heating Water.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fishkin, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

I just got my new 120 gallon tank and filled her up with our well water and the temp is still unreadable on the thermometer. I have a big 350 magnum canister filter going and 2 heaters going. One of them is 300 watts. Does anybody know how long this will take to heat the darn water???

2. gr8fuljames

gr8fuljames New Member

Your looking at about at least 24 hrs. That's why I always try to use hot water to fill with. How many watts is the second heater?

3. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

I am not sure on the watts as it is older but still works perfect. It took an hour to heat my piranha tank though and that was 55 gallons.

4. gr8fuljames

gr8fuljames New Member

hmmm. What temp. range is your thermometer?

5. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I agree with gr8full, it should bring the temp to what ever you set it to in about 24 hours.

6. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Yeah! It started rising already. it got to 64 degrees. :eek: The temp range on the thermo is 64-89

7. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

yep 24 hours prolly

8. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Naw, its all done already (bout 3 hours).