1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

hello all hair ball question?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by diego, Jul 28, 2005.

1. diego

diego New Member

i now that cats throw up hairball at least i think.... but what is a hairball and wht causes it that is my question just wondering :)

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

when cats wash themselves the fur sticks to the little barbs on their tongues and they end up swallowing it. If the fur doesn't pass on through it keeps collecting until it forms a hard little ball and it's either gotta go down or up and usually it's up at about 2 am :roll: in the quiet of the night LOL
    I give my cats the Pounce hairball treats once in awhile and those seem to help. I don't often step in a hairball

3. diego

diego New Member

thank you for your reply but is it like when u now when a hairball comes like it gagging on something. cuz my cat scared me when it started gagging like it was a hairball but wasn;t really sure cuz nothing came out i dunno :?