1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from me and all my horses

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by CockatielCrazy87, Oct 18, 2004.

1. CockatielCrazy87

CockatielCrazy87 New Member

I have posted this same post only with my dogs, cats, birds, and small animals so please bear with me lol.

Hello im Samantha im 19 and live on my parents rescue ranch. Our ranch used to be a large cattle ranch with 35 acres of land. A nice set of land for our 12 horses all rescued. I figured I would kind of introduce them and their story to this boared so when i mention them later you can understand them and I better. OK here we go. Im going to tell you about our four Ponies first. First we have Bud a 10 year old Bay American Walking Pony we got from a woman who contacted us knowing we would take him. Her daughter now longer enjoyed showing and so he was useless to them :roll: > And so we too him in earlier this year. He is a sweet thing and one of the few who are still ridden. A lovely sweet boy. We then have Abby a 18 year old ex-brood Mare Gray Connemara we got from a contact from a shelter who rescued her from a abusive farm she was the only POny being used for breeding there and has a few internal problems because of her poor nurtition and beatings. She is one of the one we do not ride and enjoys herself with our other retired horses. She is a sweet heart though and love her carrots and head scratches. Then theres our two ex-schooling Ponies Skipper a 7 year old male Black Hackney Pony and Skittles a 12 year old female Pinto Shetland who both came to us from a old Riding ranch that was going down the tubes and needed to sell soem of there less used horses and Ponies and so we got Skipper and Skittles and one horse from this farm. Both are super Sweet Skittles is ridden only when my nephews come to visit and my Niece enjoys Skipper everyone once a while. Ok getting into horses i will tell you about my three Draft Horses we have that are all three retired and enjoy Pasture life. First theres our 22 year old Brabant named Johnny Boy who we bought my an Amish Family a year back who had no use for him because two years before that Johnny had fractured his leg and amazingly he pulled through but with a permanint limp. He was useless and was either to be sold or killed luckily he was sold. He is a sweet boy and enjoying his life of retirement and his limp seems not to hurt him and its so faint. Then theres Dolly a lovely 13 year old Clydesdale Mare used as a Brood Mare on a Amish farm around here but when her owner died she was put up for sale at a Fair and we bought her. Not much of a story behind her but she is a good horse and is Johnny's best friend, and finally for the big draft horses there is Treat a beautful 4 year old Noriker Gelding who came ot us from a Man who spent so much money on this horse it wasent even funny and spent all this money to figure out he had no idea to to drive a plow or carriage and was so frusttrated with everything that he put Treat of Toby as he was called there up for sale. After no one waqs interested in an untrained crazy huge horse and so he brought him here. My father siad the horse was so stressed and ruiend by bad training there was no reason to stress him more. So we never retrained him and he's just our buddy and is too happy playing in the field with the older horses. OK finally heres our lighters horses we have. OK first theres Topic a 5 year old male Chestnut Arabian who came with Skittles and Skipper from the Riding Lesson ranch that could'nt afford to keep them. I ride Topic alot and he is probley my favorite out of all of our horses. Hes friendly yet spirited and I love his gate I just love him to death. We then have Sisqo our 12 year old Arab/Dutch Warmblood Cross who came to use from Frank our Ex nieghbor who was moving to the city and had no where else for his pets to go so we took some and his sister took some we I actualy took two other horses from him other then Sisqo. Sisqo is'nt ridden alot but when he is ridden its usually by my dad they just seem to have a bond. Then theres Toots a Black 20 year old Irish Hunter Gelding who came to us with Sisqo from Frank he's a nice boy who we retired. He spends most of his time closet to the house and is a people lover. Then theres Zeke our 9 year old male Missouri Fox Trotting Horse/ Quarter Horse and Franks best cow horse he has ever had and if he hadent known us so well he would'nt have just given him to us. I ride Zeke alot and he and i compete in Barral Racing and Goat Tying when we have the time. He's a wonderful horse. And finally we have our youngest our little 1 year old Rocky Mountain filly named Sunshine she was rescued from a home where she and her mother were kept in a vacant lot filled with ankle deep mud and fecal matter and no grass and little water. Sunshine came to us at nine Months and seems really happy here. All our horses who are rideable we always say can be rehomed is anyone is interested but if not we are just fine keeping them right here with us.

Well theres my huge group of horses.
    Sam