1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

hello i jsut got a new bird

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by lil shant, Mar 16, 2006.

1. lil shant

lil shant New Member

da bird is a cockatiel and omg its wings were messed up i tried cutting on ei used cut the blood wing but i bathed it and it stopeed bleeding so its al lgood

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Congrats on your new bird.

If you cut a blood feather it needs to be removed. When you bird bumps its wings you'll probably notice that it'll start to bleed again.

I've had to do this a lot with my budgie Kiwi as he has a habit of breaking his blood feathers. The easiest way I've found is to put the bird in a towel and pull the feather out quickly with a pair of plyers.

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I agree you need to pulled out otherwise he/she will just keep bleeding if its knocked.

I never advice anyone on wing clipping if they have never done it before, They should ask either an Avian vet or a Breeder to do it, As if wings are clipped wrong this can cause problems with flight and even cause there wings to deform and bend.

Mike

4. lil shant

lil shant New Member

the thing is i have done it but with keets and so when i pull it do i add any thing to it like any madication

5. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

There is no need to put anything on it as if pulled correctly there should be no blood at all.

Just hold him in a towel and give a quick pull of the broken feather and it will be over with.

Mike

6. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

I did to , but it was three months ago. (if that counts !!!):) :D