1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hello Im New and just wanted to introduce myself

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by ChinookLover89, Jan 2, 2005.

1. ChinookLover89

ChinookLover89 New Member

Hello im Riohnah im 25 I live in Canada and I breed Chinook dogs. Now don't get me wrong I used to be very against dog breeding but the Chinook breed of dog is almost extinct and so I do this to preserve the breed. I grew up in a family few of Dog racing fanatics and we have always raised different types of sled dogs mainly Siberian Huskies and Malamutes and other spitze type dogs. The first time I had ever seen a Chinook dog when when I was thirteen and I saw two mixed in a team of Huskies. I thought they were labs but the musher informed me that they were Chinooks. They were different from any other dogs i had ever seen in personality. They did not beg for affection and would rather work then be cuddled. After that day I was obsessed with this breed of sled dog. When i was 17 I purchased my first Chinook puppy a little male named Noah. When I was 19 after a few years of sled training Noah i decided i wanted to breed and so I bought a female puppy i named Bright. Three years later we bred Noah and Bright and Bright had a litter of four pups first picks of the litter went to both people who sold me both Noah and Bright.

No don't make my way of wording things make pruchasing a Chinook puppy easy it is far from it. Their hard to find and extremly exspensive little dogs. I own 5 Chinook Dogs Right now Noah who is 8 years old, Bright who is 6 years old, Shine (Bright and Noah's offspring) who is 4 years old, Safire a 8 month old female puppy, and Hulk a 5 year old male i have purchased. Noah and Bright no longer race and are just pets and im not plane on having Bright have anymore litters. Shine is going to be bred with Hulk the first time on her next heat cycle. They are wonderful dogs and I love them . I just figured I would introduce you to them.

I also own two Siberian Huskies a 5 year old male named Tyson and a 1 year old female SH named Zena.

2. ChinookLover89

Some Pics of mine the Black and white pic is a old pic from way back when. what I absolutly love about Chinooks is they very in color, build, and ear shape. Its a simple mistake to think their mutts. I absolutly love their big noses too.No don't make my way of wording things make pruchasing a Chinook puppy easy it is far from it. Their hard to find and extremly exspensive little dogs. I own 5 Chinook Dogs Right now who is 8 years old, Bright who is 6 years old, Shine (Bright and Noah's offspring) who is 4 years old, Safire a 8 month old female puppy, and Hulk a 5 year old male i have purchased. Noah and Bright no longer race and are just pets and im not plane on having Bright have anymore litters. Shine is going to be bred with Hulk the first time on her next heat cycle. They are wonderful dogs and I love them . I just figured I would introduce you to them.

[​IMG] Noah

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hulk

[​IMG] Bright

[​IMG] Shine when she was a puppy

[​IMG] Oliver (anouther one of Brights pups and Shines bro)
    [​IMG] Rooney (Brights pup and Shines bro)
    [​IMG] Brights first litter

3. nern

nern New Member

They are beautiful dogs. Welcome to the forum. :D

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Welcome. I agree, beautiful dogs!

5. ChinookLover89

thanks nice to meet you :D

6. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

They look similar to the anitolians and Malinoise. They are pretty. and Welcome aboard. No flack from me.

7. Smokey04

Smokey04 New Member

Hello and welcome, I am new here myself. My DH and I have always loved the Chinooks. They are beautiful!

8. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Hi There to you and your furbabies. loved the pictures. hope tyo see lots more.

9. honeybears

honeybears New Member

what pretty dogs, I have never heard of a chinnook before

honeybear

10. Sara

Sara New Member

A couple of the yellow ones look similar to the Black mouth curr... from the south used for hunting. I've heard the name but even in my own dog showing with my rare Big Ol' Boerboels I haven't seen any... Would love to meet one someday...

I have to say Puttin they look nothing like Malinois...maybe a bit like an Anetolian but neat... How big do they get...average weight???

My Boerboel Riot there is on my Avatar pic... There's just something about the Rare breeds eh? Nice to have you here!

11. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

They're beautiful!

12. ChinookLover89

They usualy range in weight from 65-90 lbs and 21-26 in in height

13. ChinookLover89

My Siberian Huskies
    [​IMG] Zena
    [​IMG] Tyson